Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

And we all thought we were skint

Sheff Wednesday manager Brian Laws has spat out his dummy over us signing Alan Lee.

Laws said I thought it was a done deal, everything was agreed, but at the last moment the player decided to go elsewhere purely for financial reasons.

Laws did not name the player or the other club, but it is known that he was talking about Alan Lee and Norwich City.

Who paid for this one then?

I doubt if Lee came here "purely for financial reasons". If you read the article about him on this website, it sounds very much as though his reason for coming here was purely geographical. He says something along the lines of how lovely it is to be back home in East Anglia, and how he can be back at his house on the Essex/Suffolk border, in time for tea cooked by his girlfriend. So, Sheffield or Norwich? Tough choice for him, wasn''t it?

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]I doubt if Lee came here "purely for financial reasons". If you read the article about him on this website, it sounds very much as though his reason for coming here was purely geographical. He says something along the lines of how lovely it is to be back home in East Anglia, and how he can be back at his house on the Essex/Suffolk border, in time for tea cooked by his girlfriend. So, Sheffield or Norwich? Tough choice for him, wasn''t it?[/quote]

Thats what I thought Phil, but if that was the case why did he not say that to Laws?

Nevermind, that means its two games Lee will be fired up for, the Scum and now The Owls, all good stuff

Having played for the Millers - who consider the Owls as their main rivals (strange I know but it''s a South Yorkshire thing with Wednesday traditionally seen as the premier club!) - maybe he considered that one bridge too far to cross and thus that he certainly has no loyalty to the scum!  Of course love is blind!