Sign in to follow this  
Mcsncfcmcs

Third goalie coming soon?

Although Macho seemingly did not impress much during his trial it sounds as though we are close to sorting out a deal fairly soon for someone. According to someone on WotB the Swedish paper "Expressen" states that Rami Shaaban could be joining us soon. He has just been released by Arsenal and his agent is quote as saying: "Norwich is talking to Rami and another goalkeeper, we are hoping to know on wednesday if thay choose Rami".

He has recently been having trials with Leeds, and his agent at the time sounded optimistic about him joining them as he would be their first choice ''keeper. But now Leeds are hoping to sign Neil Sullivan so it looks as though any potential deal with them is off. Portsmouth also have shown an interest in him but I know they have just signed another goalie from an Italian club. So it looks as though we are now his best option to stay in England, even if it as third choice. Judging by his agent''s comments we might know more by the end of the week. He can''t be too shoddy if Wenger liked him enough to sign him in the first place, even if he has just been released.

sounds like a close combat for no.1 if this deal goes ahead!

I still think that a centre half and a target man should be our top priority.

Scowcroft deal looks to still be on. Is it me or should we be going for a striker with a premiership goalscoring record.

I cant recall Scowcroft ever scoring prolifically in the premiership or in the old nationwide div 1.

Does anybody know what his record is like???