Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

unimiller - we salute you

uni

your wonderful post on the thread ambition has been well received mate!!!!

please do send it to the board, we cannot just sit here and worry about the situation regarding this club and the big decision it has to make - i think i can echo both Rainbowchaser and King Juan in saying you have summed up being a city fan admirably

if you need any assistance i will be pleased to help

i for one cannot just sit here and watch history repeat itself, i don''t know what to do really, i have tried to get a meeting with munby, but was fobbed off, there is the ncfc forum at Fakenham on december 8th, so i will be attending that (if it is still on)

i hope it won''t be too late by then

uni, go for it mate, we are (there are always some exceptions!) all behind you

they have to know how we feel!!

this wonderful team of ours could be really great, could achieve promotion, we are not talking bankrupting the club, we are talking buying the most talented player i have seen here for years, about extending the loan of another who we desperately need in his role and possibly buying (for 300k) a right winger who can defend.

this is not going to push us into admin, it will push us to the premiership

go for it uni, you are a real fan, i salute you

Thanks for your support. I did post the same message on the offical site board. I would just like the Directors to know how we feel. We''re not angry with them. I personally feel that the current Board is doing a fantastic job and hats off to them, but it''s hard to put into words what these loan players have done to us. I draw comparisons with the O''Neil/Windass situation a few years back. It''s not that he, or these three are the world''s best players, or the best players ever to turn out for us, it''s just that they would symbolize a watershed of sorts, a declaration of intent, a gambol if you like, which, if it paid off, solves all our problems at a stroke. Ok, as with any gambol there is that risk of course, but this year, more than any since we dropped down, looks to be our best chance. I for one would more likely applaud a Board which "had a go" and fell deeper in the mire if it failed, than praise a Board putting a "sensible" slant on things and wondering what might have been.

As unimiller states and as I have posted before, it is sometimes better to try and fail than not to try at all. This time is indeed a watershed and the Board must learn from past failures when the "safe" option has been taken. Too often "safe" means simply not having the courage to take that little gamble. One player who can be sold if it fails does not make a gamble. It is in fact a rather small gesture of intent. At our helm we need men of courage and perception. A gamble is a reckless decision made on the baseless hope that something favourable will result. Too often those who lack vision and courage hide behind the safety net of "business common sense". What real visionaries possess is the nous to understand those few defining moments which appear once or twice a generation and to grasp that opportunity when it comes. This is not a gamble, this is conviction, courage, vision and confidence. It is a chance to look yourself in the eye and say "I seized the moment".

Well, hmm, yes. Sort of. I can see where you''re coming from with ''we''d think better of the Board that tried and failed than that didn''t try at all''. That''s easy to say now... but to be fair, I think most Ipswich fans view of their demise wasn''t like that. They just blame the chairman for cocking it up, I don''t hear many of them echoing those sentiments.

Which is my way of saying we should stick within limits. Like me personally, I''d gamble a few quid, but not my entire house. But some people would I guess....

Ama

Sorry Snake pit, we''re obviously going to TRY to sign him, but if we can''t then do we fail, or were we beaten? What I''m saying is, if the board can''t compete then they can''t compete - simple as that. And I''m not going to kick their door down if they lose out purely on the basis of money.