Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

The empire crumbles but the ' spinners ' spin on ......

So, after another two feeble displays in the space of four days, once again we''re faced with a '' must win '' game against Preston. Our track record against the Lillywhites is patchy at best so I won''t be too surprised if another defeat results in hordes of disillusioned fans hammering at the doors of the Boardroom bunker come 4.45pm. next Saturday

Luckily I missed seeing the agonies of Derby and Burnley live as I''ve decided to abandon most away trips. Why should I waste all that time, money and emotion on a rag-bag outfit who''ll almost certainly be guaranteed to disappoint me ? There''s so little passion in this side of unloved journeymen that I often wonder why I bother to put myself out visiting Carrow Road every other week. It''s not really the fault of the players. Some do care what happens on the pitch but when the playing staff is so unbalanced with loanees - some clearly  interested only in their wage packet - it''s not really surprising that team spirit is non-existent. No, the blame for this fiasco  is, as we all know, is to be found much higher up the tree.

I do however wonder if it''s them or me who''s living in a fantasy world......

On Thursday I had the pleasure of attending Andy Cullen''s leaving ''do '' at Carrow Road. Andy is a good bloke who has worked wonders in the Commercial Dept. of our Club and our loss will be MK Dons gain. A local man is Andy and we should applaud his efforts on behalf of his hometown team. I, for one, wish him every success in his new venture. Andy had laid on a nice buffet for his guests amongst which there were plenty of well known faces, including former players and managers, and others with long non-playing connections with Andy and the Club. There was plenty of action at the bar and it was a typical leaving '' do '', albeit in the rather plush surroundings of '' The Business '' at the back of the Jarrold Stand.

Come speech time though  I was wondering if I''d stumbled into a '' Mad Hatter''s Tea Party ''......

Speaker after speaker, quite rightly, thanked Andy for all he''d done over the years but then went on to emphasise the great '' family '' values of a Club like NCFC. Even Andy himself couldn''t help getting in on the act but never once did any of the usual suspects so much as hint that all is not rosy at NCFC. I accept that perhaps such occasions aren''t the place for negative vibes, but, as I sat there eating, drinking and listening to this '' love-in '' I couldn''t help but wonder whether it was just me me who was sane or was everyone else sane and I was the one who was mad.......

Thanks for a very interesting post Smith must score. Leaving the games this week behind and commenting on the leaving do for a moment. I wish I had heard those speeches, I think perhaps they should have been recorded and then relayed across the PA system on Saturday just so all 25,000 can hear what really goes on in the ivory towers at CR.

I don''t doubt your words for a second, and as you were invited to the said occasion, no doubt you are probably being more polite and tactful than you need.

When are the decision makers going to wake up? Who knows. It''s been a very long sleep and Sleeping Beauty is still awaiting a Prince to ride in and save her from those prickly thorns. Trouble is, the Prince never turns up.

Meanwhile the wicked King and Queen preside over a crumbling kingdom. Shame it''s not a fairy tale eh, but the stark truth all City fans have to live with.