Sign in to follow this  
The Heath

Oh Dear..

Look whats on the bbc website... the bidding war starts for real!

Warnock reveals Huckerby interest

Huckerby is scheduled to return to Manchester City
Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock has revealed he has made a move for Manchester City''s Darren Huckerby.
Warnock has confirmed his interest in the 27-year-old, who is approaching the end of a loan spell with Norwich.

"I have enquired about Darren as he''s the sort we are looking for to compensate the loss of Steve Kabba.

"But once his loan spell at Norwich finishes I think he''ll return to City and wait until the transfer window before deciding on his future."

To be honest I am not bothered either way. As I said on an earlier posting I believe Huckerby to be a luxury player who when things are going well will perform but when not so good just appears to be an average player as seen in the last three games. I would not like to see City put all their eggs in one basket leaving nothing else for any other deals. I repeat a statement from Gordon Strachan "Huckerby is a good player but the problem is you never know which Huckerby is going to turn out and play". Consistency is what we need especially from a player who is going to cost the club the earth. I appreciate that not every player can play well every game but three games on the trot now is starting to put doubt in my mind and others I have spoken to.