Sign in to follow this  
SI

Did you see Crouch waving Good Bye ?

I think we have to accept that our board will not commit financially.

THANK YOU PETER FOR THE GOOD MOMENTS YOU HAVE GIVEN US.

I hope I am wrong, if not good luck in your next club.

XXX

was that goodbye?

i hope not, if so, then the board want to come out and explain why

no money, yeah right, there is always money if you need it

like to build a flash new stand?

what use will that be if we have no players and no manager left come the end of the season if the board don''t get their collective fingers out

i have said this so many times, Si, i am sure you know my line by now, but it is so obvious to everyone bar the board

to get promotion we need a better team than anyone else, with hucks and crouch (who were both great yesterday) we will go up, without them, no chance

and as the other players of any merit drift away, i hope they can justify having cold feet, cos they will need to.

FACTS - get them right. Keeping the knackered south stand open and up to modern safety standards was draining the clubs resources. A rebuild or a new stand HAD to be built or the old one would be shut down. Spending lots of money on a rebuild that left capacity the same when we were selling out would have been madness. Taking the opportunity to increase capacity with a new stand, (albeit reduced from the intended levels by that unforseen archaeological nonsense) was the only option.
Correct, there is always money if you need it - as was shown on Panorama last night! It proved that anyone with a job paying from just 12k a year can go out and get their hands on 50,000 pounds if they wanted to. Would you do it? Many have, and one example couple had their debt restructured so they can pay it back which has left them thirty pounds a week between them to spend on food for the next twenty years. They were in their forties.