Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Changes that must be made!

Fotheringham out - Russell in as the new Captain playing alongside Clingan

Croft out - Chadwick in as the guy has experience, can actually produce a solid cross, scores more goals than Croft could ever dream of and is still fit enough to play despite injury

Pattison out totally... say no more :)

I truly think Fotheringham as captain is poor and shows no real inspiration that Russell does all the time, Fozzy is a squad player at best. Croft has been given oodles of changes to prove himself, and he still fails to score, still fails to put in worthwhile crosses and both of them get their names on the team-sheet for putting in effort and giving no end result which is what wins us games!

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Fotheringham out - Russell in as the new Captain playing alongside Clingan

Croft out - Chadwick in as the guy has experience, can actually produce a solid cross, scores more goals than Croft could ever dream of and is still fit enough to play despite injury

Pattison out totally... say no more :)

I truly think Fotheringham as captain is poor and shows no real inspiration that Russell does all the time, Fozzy is a squad player at best. Croft has been given oodles of changes to prove himself, and he still fails to score, still fails to put in worthwhile crosses and both of them get their names on the team-sheet for putting in effort and giving no end result which is what wins us games![/quote]disagree with you on fotheringham''s captaincy being transferred. Plenty of inspiration shown in sticking modric up int he air against spurs and doing the same at the ricoh on saturday. Plus his chin up gesture to us at the end of the game made the walk to the car a little more bearable.disagree about chadwick - can''t ever remember a single decent cross in a yellow shirtI agree about croft but do not get exercised about it because he''s second choice and is only playing til bell is fit.

Chadwick must have some big problem injury wise or not getting on with GR. Bell will be back soon and by the small amount of gametime I have seen him and from what I have heard, he is a bit of a mix of both Croft and Chadders. Keep Fozzy as captain for a while.

You can''t say he warrants captaincy over his tackles such as the Modric one, he would have got booked for what tackle in a league game.

His challenges aren''t as clean as Russell especially, and Clingan (based on 2 games is harsh i know), he never scores, his set pieces are shocking every time and unlike Russell has too many off days.

I had a spell of thinking he was one of these players that never gets his efforts noticed, but after focusing towards the end of last season and in pre-season so far on Fozzy''s game... but now I see its hard to notice his efforts because most of them are totally out shadowed by those around him

hmmm ok CR, i disagree with you still, about the tackle on modric too, looked clean to me, firm but fair. But shall we agree to discuss this afresh after blackpool as neither of us saw him tonight?

After the Blackpool game I really hope to come on and be proven wrong as he scores a goal and puts in a blinding performance :) Chat after the blackpool game then :)

i too can''t understand why russell isn''t one of the first choice midfielders as i think he was one of the better and more productive players from last year. if he doesent start to get in the starting line up he may start thinking to himself that he would be better of somewhere else, and i for one wouldn''t want to loose him.

as for this target man, it will help but it isn''t going to solve all our problems if we don''t get a winger that can make full use of his possesion and put the ball into one of our players, maybe croft needs a break and give chadwick ago. and i''d give russell and cligon ago in the middle, one to break the play up and one to get a bit more forward and he also will get a few goals.

lupoli sounds a good striker but needs fitness and doesn''t need to be put under so much pressure as i bet thats what he''s feelin at the moment and the other lad from portsmouth has not got enough experience. i''d leave jc on and rotate the other two untill the big man who ever he is turns up, i personally hope for shola but i bet they''ll be two tight to pay the money, i think glen has always had his hart set on him coming. if bloody newcasle had signed some more players he might of just got him on the cheap too