Sign in to follow this  
Brentwood Yellow

"We'll go with what we've got"

So we didn''t add another striker to the squad, no problem. I''m glad Worthington didn''t make a panic buy for the sake of it, shows signs of a sensible manager and faith in the current squad. This does mean that certain players in the squad are going to need the full support from all sections of the crowd to help their confidence and fire the goals we need to stay in this division.

Keep the faith people - Worthy has.

Not quite - Worthy would have signed another striker if he could. There just was''nt anyone of the rquired quality available at the right price. He''s still saying this morning that we need another striker (teamtalk) and I agree with him.

So he has known since mid April that very fact - he even dispensed of Iwan . Surely if there was any doubt about getting another striker he should have kept Iwan on until he replaced . Is Doherty any better than Iwan in his position ???? Is Svennson ??? Getting a quality striker should have been top priority - WBA seem to be able to find them.

He can''t get anyone now until January so he can''t get anyone in this morning unless they are free agents and I don''t think there are many (if any!!) of the quality we would require at this level. I say give Jonson a run up front as he is good in the air and see what happens. No disrespect to doc, but he isn''t a striker and jonson has played there on several occasions for brondby. Personally my selection would be Huck''s on the left, Bentley on the right with Mckenzie and Jonson / Doc up top. But I doubt i''d change it at the moment as we''re playing alright, just bring in Safri for Holt as he looks like he needs a rest.

Yes worthy knew since mid april that he needed a striker. But he knew from last October (or earlier probably) that iwan could not cut it in the premier and so made exactly the right decision to set him free. Good servant etc etc but not good enough today and yes sven proved last season HOW much better he was and Doc is probably better too. As sven was better last season and has struggled this year it only goes to show HOW MUCH IWAN would have struggled too. For crying out loud he is a proud piece of our recent history but has no part to play in our present or future.

How farcical would that have been - hearing terrace chants for Iwan to come on aginst the gooners? He would have given 100% but little else.

I am happy that Worthy did not prostitute the club for a lesser player just to satiate the fans desires (and his) for a ''named'' striker.

The club has progressed enormously since May and that is all down to the management team. We have a bright future to enjoy - no more looking back; just embrace the coming months with hope and passion and enjoy!

OTBC

Pedro - that is a good point, and one I did raise last week, we can still sign players who aare out of contract. Anyone know who is available (am I allowed to mention Youri Djorkaeff at this point?)

OTBC

"WBA seem to be able to find them" - which of West Brom''s strikers would you like to see in our team? And I mean proven Prem strikers of course, to ensure that they can ''cut the mustard''.???

Agree with you Pedro.

We shouldn''t panic as fans just because WBA have gone mad. A week ago, many posters were pushing Leon forward - so now we have an opportunity to try him and others. If it doesn''t work out, then we can review the position for January.

Looks to me like Palace have panicked - all sorts of last minute deals - lets see where that gets them.