Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

Seems Familiar?

There is a great feeling of optimism about the place with the season just two days away.But everything to me mirrors last season when Peter Grant was recruiting everything that moved for what was going to be the season Norwich pushed for promotion.No-one needs me to recount what happened after the first ball was  kicked.Anyway, with all this buying and loan recruiting some occurred to me:If after ten games Norwich are bottom of the league and four points adrift, what happens then?

Hardly the same, Roeder is a respected manager who has managed at the highest level, he has a strong reputation for discovering and bringing on young players, he can spot talent a mile off.

Grant was an assistant manager who had never managed a club at any level, who had never been responsible for buying players.

Grants players, in the main, came from SPL and Scottish league 1 clubs, that we all know do not play to the level of English Prem or in most cases top Championship level, with the exception of Celtic, Rangers and 1 or 2 more.

To compare Lupoli, Bell, Wes and Co (who are proven players in English Leagues) to the likes of Murray, Lappin, Brellier & Co is hardly right.

For what its worth I think we will do well and may make the play offs, the bookmakers such as Corals have cut us from 40/1 to 22/1 so something must have rung alarm bells.

[quote user="National express super guard "]difference is granty was a poor manager, and roeder is a good manager. admittedly only time will tell but you cannot comapre grant to roeder
[/quote]

The point being made is that Grant was given time to prove himself in accordance with the squad he built, not what he inherited.  It''s the same with Roeder this year.  He should now be judged on the squad he is building, not what he inherited.

I do agree with you though that if we were in the same position Roeder would not be sacked, because he IS a better manager than Grant and would in all probability be given the opportunity to turn things around.

I, for one though would be starting to get worried.