Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

A team that can't attack...

Let''s face it, tonight was shocking, putting the first 25 mins aside we played pretty much the same game that nearly got us relegated last season. Amateur mistakes, lack of understanding and poor link-up play can all be excused for various reasons, this was after all our 1st testing game and players are not yet familiar with each other and some, namely Pattison, looked about as fit as my grandfather.

My problem however with tonights performance is the lack of effort.

I''m not going to start blasting the whole team, this was after all a friendly against a serious premier team, arguably a top six Premier team, but one thing tonight was clear to me... if we can''t attack we will get ripped apart week in and week out, not just in the FA Cup against Prem teams but every other week by the likes of Birmingham, Palace and even Blackpool.

Norwich City must have strikers that threaten defences, we must have a team sheet that says to the opposition:- we''re gonna have to defend well today boys or else these guys are gonna put 6 past us. We currently have strikers that are tame, lacking in ability, lacking in talent, lacking in pretty much everything that puts fear into an opposition defence. Our opponents know the threat is minimal, they are able to play any system they choose knowing that as long as they play sensibly they can prevent us from scoring, with their defense secure and confident their route to attack is open, and last year that was proved far too often.

We need at least 2 serious striker signings, Lupoli may prove to be some good business and I believe that, but Cureton? At best he should become a ''super sub'' although I personally would never put the words ''super'' and ''Cureton'' together.

As I have said in some previous posts, the next 5 months are do or die for the current regime, we need a serious strike force at Carrow Road, and by god, we need them NOW.

[quote user="SAFU2007"]

Let''s face it, tonight was shocking, putting the first 25 mins aside we played pretty much the same game that nearly got us relegated last season. Amateur mistakes, lack of understanding and poor link-up play can all be excused for various reasons, this was after all our 1st testing game and players are not yet familiar with each other and some, namely Pattison, looked about as fit as my grandfather.

My problem however with tonights performance is the lack of effort.

I''m not going to start blasting the whole team, this was after all a friendly against a serious premier team, arguably a top six Premier team, but one thing tonight was clear to me... if we can''t attack we will get ripped apart week in and week out, not just in the FA Cup against Prem teams but every other week by the likes of Birmingham, Palace and even Blackpool.

Norwich City must have strikers that threaten defences, we must have a team sheet that says to the opposition:- we''re gonna have to defend well today boys or else these guys are gonna put 6 past us. We currently have strikers that are tame, lacking in ability, lacking in talent, lacking in pretty much everything that puts fear into an opposition defence. Our opponents know the threat is minimal, they are able to play any system they choose knowing that as long as they play sensibly they can prevent us from scoring, with their defense secure and confident their route to attack is open, and last year that was proved far too often.

We need at least 2 serious striker signings, Lupoli may prove to be some good business and I believe that, but Cureton? At best he should become a ''super sub'' although I personally would never put the words ''super'' and ''Cureton'' together.

As I have said in some previous posts, the next 5 months are do or die for the current regime, we need a serious strike force at Carrow Road, and by god, we need them NOW.

[/quote]

er yep yep and yep.

Tonight was about the midfield!

Glenn wanted to have a look what he has just brought in, if you realy think that we are gonna play 4-5-1 with a small man up ont then you my friend are a tool.

It was a friendly get over it!

It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.

[quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]christ, another one out of hibernation!

[quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]

Did you go and watch?

Darren bent maybe!

Who let the scum out!

[quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]And this is from a leicester lad. Wonder what he says about Norwich City?  [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]And this is from a leicester lad. Wonder what he says about Norwich City?  [:S][/quote]

Exactly the same Lappin... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]But, in the last two seasons you''ve predicted relegation, so for you to predict mid- table suggests to me that things are improving? 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]But, in the last two seasons you''ve predicted relegation, so for you to predict mid- table suggests to me that things are improving? [/quote]

Well I thought I best opt for best case scenario instead of worst this year Lappin... [;)]

Delia''s Devon.....you missed my point entirely, if you are unable to understand my suggestion then I presume you are unable to understand football.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]It ain''t just the strike force... the whole spine of our team still looks far from capable of putting up a challenge for anything more than mid-table mediocrity.[/quote]But, in the last two seasons you''ve predicted relegation, so for you to predict mid- table suggests to me that things are improving? [/quote]

Well I thought I best opt for best case scenario instead of worst this year Lappin... [;)]

[/quote]Smudger is a percy lalala.

Smudger is a percy lalala.

Smudger is a pratt

There is no doubt of that.

Smudger is a percy lalala.

We all lurve u spludger [ip][:P][:D][:|][:$][:^)]