Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Striker Choices

I think we need a minimum of 2 Target men and 2 smaller strikers plus our youth as backup.

Target men

Ameobi or Rasiak with say Makiese (if he has impressed on trial) or another as an option

Second Striker

Cureton and Lupoli

I would be pretty happy with our squad if the 4 signings Roeder was looking to make in the next few days were

Bell , Lupoli , Ameobi or Rasiak , and one other striker

Not guarenteed a good season but with our transfer budget the best i think we could hope for.

[quote user="Irish Canary"]Noel Hunt and Daryl Murphy. 2 worth looking at.
[/quote]

are you suggesting them because you''re irish or because they''re decent on FM08? i say this because i have Murphy for my Norwich side and a mate has Hunt [:)]

I''ve played with both players who are from Waterford. Noel Hunt is wanted by Reading and brother of Stephen Hunt. Both lads played for Waterford United before being signed by English clubs. Noel went onto Shamrock Rovers before heading to Dundee. The 2 players are brilliant in the air and the 2 of them can strike the ball well with either foot. Daryl was telling me Stoke, Hull and Norwich were looking at him.

[quote user="Irish Canary"]I''ve played with both players who are from Waterford. Noel Hunt is wanted by Reading and brother of Stephen Hunt. Both lads played for Waterford United before being signed by English clubs. Noel went onto Shamrock Rovers before heading to Dundee. The 2 players are brilliant in the air and the 2 of them can strike the ball well with either foot. Daryl was telling me Stoke, Hull and Norwich were looking at him.
[/quote]

i was only joking, i''ve always liked the look of Murphy but thought he was in Keane''s plans at Sunderland

I''ll talk to him on Monday night at a friendly over here.He''s pretty much settled at Sunderland but there was a point where his future was in the air but he stuck his head down and worked his socks off.

He had the option to join QPR in Jan, and keane sat down with him for showdown talks, saying he was a part of sunderlands plans, but had to work hard to get football, or he could drop a level and become the main man somewhere. He stayed, and then went on a scoring spree for a month including that absolute bullet vs b''ham i think! I''d happily have him here, as he''s got good energy to his game, and would suit us down to the ground. Get 1 or 2 men playing off him (lupoli, Mifsud), and we''re sorted

One target man, one who at least has the strength to hold the ball up even if he''s no great shakes in the air, and a speedy striker please. Oh, and another centre back and a keeper, and then I''ll be happy.

Ideally I''d like: Carroll, Ameobi, Mifsud, Gabbidon and Tyler of P''Boro.

Realistically I''d accept: Howard, Makiese, Lupoli, Rob Jones of Hibs and Nelson.

I''d have Ameobi over Carroll easily! I''d rather a more agile centre back if we''re gonna get another, but i feel Omosuzi can cover both Centre back and right back, so not too fussed if another doesn''t come in. I would love to see Ameobi, Mifsud and Lupoli here as our 3 striker signings. If this Makiese guy keeps up his good pre-season, then lose Ameobi from that and i''m sure we''ll be good to go. I''d be happy for Nelson to be given a deal because it would solve 1 piece easily and cheaply, and we hopefully wouldn''t need to rely on him too much anyway