Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Not much of a supporter really?

Watching for so long on the sidelines I had to have my say and as much as I''ve wanted a deal to happen it strikes me that for all his professed affinity to Norwich City, Cullum''s offer glistens but is not the real gold. I mean, if someone offered you £50,000 and said "Here you go, that''s for a new bathroom and kitchen and get a new car too" and then went on to add "But I want you to know that the house is mine", what would you do? What would you say? You may be intrigued, you may think hard about it and explore it a bit more but you would hardly say "yes" would you? Unless you were absolutely desperate.

Is this too naive of me? Is this too simple atake? Is this really the stuff of  a supporter? Sure, he has the muscle, maybe long term he is the right thing for NCFC -but right now isn''t Delia protecting the club? Whether you agree with this or not I''m sure many people on this board would not accept such an offer - not when your house was worth £150,000 anyway.

The other worry though is that the whole thing unsettles a club like this kind of thing does every year in whatever league- boardroom unrest translates to the team so often. Sure, fans are entitled to be p***ed off and I don''t think it''s been handled very well - newspapers upping the anti, (PC going so public has forced that) and the club almost seemingly struck dumb like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights.

But at some stage we need as supporters to re-group and see what happens next. There''s a few weeks to go and the new season will come and people will judge. PC has left a time-bomb now - never to be undone as far as I see it. As soon as dark clouds come (and they will at some stage) everyone will be at each other''s backs. Personally I can see a new chapter coming and a more positive start next month. I was actually looking forward to the new team (and maybe we only have £1m or so to spend) as nothing can be as bad as last year. I for one  find PC''s final comment along the lines of "let''s hope we have a decent season then" a bit of a cloaked threat. Maybe I''m wrong in my interpretation but if I''d said those words you could be forgiven for asking whether they were really the words of a supporter? Who knows, he may be back, with a new offer, with a new focus, but I just feel a bit cheated at the moment.

And whether ''little ol'' Norwich'' is a bit amateurish, a little bit old fashioned, a little out of date, well so be it, (and that''s a big part of why I love my team) but it has some real value too. I''ve always been convinced that Delia understands this and while she may not always be the heroine, at least she appears to have some values and ethics. I''m sure too she has a good handle on public opinion and I''m sure investment will come - who knows this whole affair may be the catalyst of something much better.

steady on....

turn it on its head tho, hes a businessman, the club is heavily in debt, the fixed assets and palying assets arent enough to clear the debts if sold therefore technically the clubs almost insolvent, theres no money in the coffers, the club is decline, the playing side is in decline and were near faves for relegation, how much would you value the club at then, bearing in mind a club that finished way above us and still has a good sized squad was sold for basically 8 million, now im no business genius but shares are worth 10 - 15 a share on the market, its delia that has priced hers at 30 a share hence why she wants so much now if you where a business man would u buy a club for 56 mill when according to figures its worth half of that its only delia that has priced it so high,it all stinks the reports, the club want 56 mill cullum wants it for 20, well 20mill is more the value then 56 mill plus theres her saying and quoted at a agm in front of supporters and shareholders that she would let go she didnt want money for her shares she wanted money put into the club and team,

Yeh, I see that too Royal Anglian - but GR has cleared some of the decks and exsting fixed asset debts are reasonably controlled - squad must be worth near £10m (Shackell over £1m for example)??

What I can''t understand is her comments at Norfolk Show - almost gushing about new investment - and that she had to be quiet...I just somehow don''t think it was Cullum''s money she was talking about??

Also with regular income streams now coming in with 25,000 most home matches for last 3 years and no sign of slowing down then you could also look at a value based on future income - there''s also a one in 14 chance - every year (3 go up) that you go into the premiership?? I''m just making the point that he''s a businessman first and this offer doesn''t seem like value - even the £5m last year came with a big proviso - as I''ve said not much of a supporter

[quote user="sonyc"]

What I can''t understand is her comments at Norfolk Show - almost gushing about new investment - and that she had to be quiet...I just somehow don''t think it was Cullum''s money she was talking about??

[/quote]Because Delia is full of shit. As far as I''m concerned if you tell a bare faced lie once, you can do it at any time you want

this is it, people are getting worked over what appears to now be nothing, i wouldve loved to see a big investor at the club but we just dont what is going on behind closed doors, for all we know there could be another invester enquiring and delia is trying to get the best price for the club, but if things are left to long and the squad goes as it is then we are in serious trouble and the fans wont like it, after all ncfc plc relies on the income of 25000 fans, shirt sales, programmes, meals, tickets, merchandise etc, so losing the confidence of the fans could be disasterous and she could end up losing millions, l

That''s exactly right - maybe there is another investor - agree about the merchandise as well - NCFC can be a world brand - again it has a value -

Perhaps the big thing here though that is that what Cullum has really done... is to give NCFC one mighty kick up the a***

Ten million - how did you work that out?  I reckon closer to five!

[quote user="sonyc"]

Yeh, I see that too Royal Anglian - but GR has cleared some of the decks and exsting fixed asset debts are reasonably controlled - squad must be worth near £10m (Shackell over £1m for example)??

Also with regular income streams now coming in with 25,000 most home matches for last 3 years and no sign of slowing down then you could also look at a value based on future income - there''s also a one in 14 chance - every year (3 go up) that you go into the premiership?? I''m just making the point that he''s a businessman first and this offer doesn''t seem like value - even the £5m last year came with a big proviso - as I''ve said not much of a supporter

[/quote]

Im Gutted after todays news and the whole affair has been handled unprofessionally. Bit suspicious of Delia now after this where I wasnt before.

If this club doesnt get any sort of a team /squad together asap we are gonna get stuffed all season - then relegation---then wholesale fan revolt against the board-- then Cullum will come in and buy the club at much less than todays valuation.

just all this could be avoided without dropping another division and possibly losing a perfectly good mananger.

I know this sounds doom and gloom but it could happen.