Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Blackburn takeover bid

I read this on Gossip column on BBC TV teletext this morning and is on website listed below. Obviously its only a rumour in the People today but if they are holding out for £40 million as a Premiership Club what are Delia + Co doing wanting £56 million as a championship club. Surely a club like Blackburn with all the TV money and assets should be worth miles more than us.

"Blackburn have rejected a £30m bid for the club from property tycoon Nabeel Chowdery and are holding out for £40m. (The People)"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7491870.stm

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

I read this on Gossip column on BBC TV teletext this morning and is on website listed below. Obviously its only a rumour in the People today but if they are holding out for £40 million as a Premiership Club what are Delia + Co doing wanting £56 million as a championship club. Surely a club like Blackburn with all the TV money and assets should be worth miles more than us.

"Blackburn have rejected a £30m bid for the club from property tycoon Nabeel Chowdery and are holding out for £40m. (The People)"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7491870.stm

[/quote]

I think we are worth £16 million. But when you add on the debt £18 Million and loans that adds up to £36 Million. Then the promise of £20 Million for players from Mr Cullum that should be £56 Million for total control of the club.

To which you have to add Blackburn''s debt (variously estimated at between £20-26m, not much for the Premier League) which the incoming bidder would also have to pick up.  The previous American suitor offered £50m and promised millions more for players but the deal fell through.  Blackburn are in some difficulty because The Walker Trust which have bankrolled the club for years (which is why it is Walker Stand,, Walker Way etc) have decided to stop.  It''s a family trust and there is nothing the club can do about it except find a buyer.

Sorry I''ve just realised this has been posted on a different thread earlier. Please do not reply and just let this filter down as to avoid a duplicate thread.