Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

A few of my thoughts....

I hope this is worth a read...

PC wants Delia to stay on the board - or in other words didn''t offer to buy her out.

It looks like he is only offering 20m to be spent on players in return for control of the club.

Also, what if the £20m for players is only a loan to the club?

If so, he''d get control of the club for nothing, £20m to spend on players, but the club would owe him £20m.

If PC wants control of the club, then he should pay the proper price (peanuts to him) or as a billionaire he could easily give a few million pounds towards the team. Surely he would do that if he was such a big fan?

Let''s not forget that Norwich City is such a well run club that it is envied by fans of many, many other football clubs.

Much of that is down to Delia and Co who have transformed the club for the better in many areas. The club has really become a central part of the local community and has attracted many new fans as a result.

It is only really on the pitch that the club has had some problems. Delia and Co can''t really do too much about that other than appoint/sack managers and set a budget.

Give Delia and Co a break. They are genuine fans so at least be polite and show respect when debating.

Sort of right i think, but the £20m is for players. Not sure how much control he wants, or how much more money he will pump in. Hopefully he''ll get £60m together and take us over. Why can''t he be majority shareholder rather than full owner, i don''t get that.Or, say he puts in £30m to the clubs accounts, and the club was valued at £25m, then why can''t he be given 3000/55& ownership of the club, with Delia having the same monetary investment but lower percentage, as the clubs new value would be £55m.Then delia would own, say £15m of the £55m club, around 22% instead of £15m of the £25m club, 60%everyone understand figures purley made up for arguements sake?

Why doesn''t PC just become a minority shareholder/Director and throw in a few million quid to help the club?

A fan paid to sign Hucks for the club, why does PC not just do the same sort of thing?

Because he fairly and squarely wants to do more to help the club, and whith his financial muscle should be allowed to without compromising the other benefactors.

At the moment it just looks like a cheeky bid to get the club on the cheap, and if it''s in the form of a £20m loan then the club would cost him practically nothing (because the club would then owe him the £20m).

Is it a loan? i thought he wanted to buy in which would mean risking his money in the club, not loaning it to us. A key word, INVESTMENT, this meansDefinition 1

In finance, the purchase of a financial product or other item of value with an expectation of favorable future returns. In general terms, investment means the use money in the hope of making more money.

Definition 2

In business, the purchase by a producer of a physical good, such as durable equipment or inventory, in the hope of improving future business.Definition 1 seems to relate to his risk in putting money into the clubDefinition 2 seems to relate to what he wants to do with his power he wants to have. Buy players in the hope we are successfulHe says it is an emotional investment.How many of you would risk even 1% of your fortune to realistically have a stab at this club having regular Premiership football, i know i would! Therefore in reference to Def 1, making more happiness for yourself instead of money

He said  the £20m was "very unlikely to yield a good return" - so the £20m could well be a low interest loan or an interest-free loan to the club in return for control of the club.

so if for instance we bought Ched Evans only for £20m (being crazy, but bear with) and he was the difference to promotion (£40m-£60m they say), and then sold him for £5m, would he be worth it?

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

I hope this is worth a read...

PC wants Delia to stay on the board - or in other words didn''t offer to buy her out.

It looks like he is only offering 20m to be spent on players in return for control of the club.

Also, what if the £20m for players is only a loan to the club?

If so, he''d get control of the club for nothing, £20m to spend on players, but the club would owe him £20m.

If PC wants control of the club, then he should pay the proper price (peanuts to him) or as a billionaire he could easily give a few million pounds towards the team. Surely he would do that if he was such a big fan?

Let''s not forget that Norwich City is such a well run club that it is envied by fans of many, many other football clubs.

Much of that is down to Delia and Co who have transformed the club for the better in many areas. The club has really become a central part of the local community and has attracted many new fans as a result.

It is only really on the pitch that the club has had some problems. Delia and Co can''t really do too much about that other than appoint/sack managers and set a budget.

Give Delia and Co a break. They are genuine fans so at least be polite and show respect when debating.

[/quote]PC doesn''t want to keep Delia on the board. He wants full control, he was just throwing Delia a bone to soften up the aggressive stance he has taken. His offer as in the EDP is basically "give me the club for nothing and I will invest 20m in players", most fans see the 20m figure but obviously shareholders would see the $0 figure.

I can''t quite see that! He is putting money in as an INVESTMENT adding to what we''ve got, but he wants a main say on the running for the money he puts in, as he will have invested the most out of anyone. Delia might not be happy investing her money and not getting as big a say, but I reckon she''ll happily sacrifice most of her power at carrow road to see the club succeed.