Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Fixture changes - Are they REALLY necessary??

I apologise if this topic has been covered already since the new fixture list appeared - I know it has been covered a fair bit in past seasons, but I feel the subject is important enough to look at again. Anyway, does the East Anglian derby really need to be played at such ridiculous times? I think I''m right in saying that potentially explosive fixtures such as Liverpool v Everton, Man U v Man City, Sheff Weds v Sheff U and Arsenal v Spurs are played at normal times, leaving aside the requirements of the Sky TV schedule of course. So if the police forces of the respective areas that these clubs are situated in can cope without any trouble, why can''t the Norfolk and Suffolk constabulary do the same? We need a few thousand letters from Norfolk and Suffolk people asking the police to consider normal kick off times for one season. If this resulted in increased hooliganism, then we would have to put up with unconventional kick off times for evermore. One would hope that fans would realise this and make a special effort to behave themselves.

Sorry, on a second look at the topic titles I see this has already been covered. I couldn''t be bothered to wade through reams and reams of topic titles and so missed it on 1st glance. Damn! - it''s nearly impossible to come up with anything original as regards NCFC at the moment as there is so little happening - good or bad!

Think the most annoying one is the away match at Doncaster, now a 7:45 ko on a Friday night. Due to a clash with a race meeting at Doncaster on the Saturday!

Surely when the fixtures were compiled, if there was a problem Doncaster would have requested an away match!

[quote user="Chunky"]

Think the most annoying one is the away match at Doncaster, now a 7:45 ko on a Friday night. Due to a clash with a race meeting at Doncaster on the Saturday!

Surely when the fixtures were compiled, if there was a problem Doncaster would have requested an away match!

[/quote]yh im appreciating that change...travelling up the A1M during rush hour now, woo.