Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

How can we replace Hucks?

As everyone knows Huckerby has left and that means there is a big hole to fill on the left wing.  So, how are we going to fill it?  There are a of couple options, replace him with one of our youngsters, get a loanie from somewhere, spend a bit of money on someone who is supposed to be a good player or spend big money and get a quality player in.

Out of them I think the most likely to happen is get a loanie, or spend a bit of money on someone who is supposed to be good.  And I don''t think either of them are good enough options, the only good option is spend big money but we know thats not going to happen.

So if we get a loan player in does anyone know any good young prem players around that would be good to take on loan?  And does any one know any player that is good enough for us but still cheap?  I have one idea, Wes Hoolahan from Blackpool, good tricky left sided player and Roeder likes him, but does anyone know anyone else?

Peterborough''s George Boyd, scored 15 goals from the left wing last season and makes half there goals aswell. 

Good shout. I want a fast, tricky leftie with an ability to cross well to our big centre forward, who will knock it down to the small goal poacher, who in turn runs away to celebrate with our ball winning, passing centre midfield and our box to box midfielder, next to our big commanding centre back, who high fives his quick passing centre back, and the manager who is smiling as we have secured 1st place in the Chump.

I think I need to eat, my brain goes funny when I don''t eat...........

Yeh but Peterborough are League 2, so will he cut it in the Championship?  If we get someone from League 2 to replace Hucks it will be a big gamble.

Boyd would be a cheap prospect or us i feel. Crossing ability is more often than not excellent and his goal scoring ability for a left winger in recent years is pretty impressive, its just whether he can play at Championship level....any ideas on how good he is against higher league opposition, rather than other league 2 teams?

I personally think Boyd could cut it for a mid table Prem club, I think he''s the perfect replacement for Huckerby, not quite as quick but he''s got bags of skill, a wicked cross and an eye for goal.

Also just read up that, according to a report, they turned down a 2.5 million offer for him? Seems highly unrealistic...surely a league 2 team getting offered 2.5mil would jump at the chance!

Posh are alot better off than your average league two club... throw in the fact they just got promoted aswell.