Sign in to follow this  
Pape Diop

division 1

is anyone else going to miss division 1 in a way!most of my life tha i can remember we have been in division 1 and although i cant wait to be in the prem little things like looking for a different number on teletext and clicking the division 1 link instead of premier league link on skysports.com will take a little getting used to!
although on the plus side cant wait to see us on match of the day!what a treat!

i guess you are pretty young then pape diop

i have to say there are quite a few things i will miss about the nine years we have spent (this time) out of the top league, if you were as old as me you would be able to remember similar occasions

i will miss the lovely trips to walsall, rotherham, sheff u, bradford, brighton etc, etc where i met genuine football fans, where you could drink with them, have a chat, a laugh and remember first and foremost that you all were honoured to be watching football on a saturday afternoon (most of the time)

i will miss the terraces (now only at cardiff in div one i think), over the nine years we have visited many grounds which are so old and charming, and i mean that, you can say what you like about the new regime of health and safety, but blue plastic, red plastic, black and gold plastic (not prem for very long sadly lol) they are all the same and completely souless places to visit and the support at some of these grounds reflects that

i will miss the banter with preston and crewe, walsall (sorry keep mentioning them, but they were always great fans! and always made us welcome) - though i am looking forward to going back to villa park to meet up with old mates

what i won''t miss is gary megson football, which seemed to dominate in many of our years in div one, (and don''t worry, megson won''t be around for too long in the prem!) - what i won''t miss is the lack of income for our club which has meant some very lean years and lack of choices for the board and managers over those nine years

and most of all i am looking forward to showing a few people in the media just where norwich is on the map, alan hansen, can you remember us, how fitting MOTD is back the same year that we are!!!