Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Heads we lose tails we lose

If by some miracle we stay up we clearly have a manager who can only work in a crisis and will never get a team to challenge for promotion

If by some Fulham type epic last game disaster we go down we may lose the manager but have to scrap away in a league that the likes of Forest and Leeds have struggled to get out of

As I said and will stand by our season was wrecked when our manager and board showed incredible low ambition in not buying Martin Taylor a player who worked just right in our defence. Every team builds from the back and with the way we are leaking goals at present no one can have faith we will stay up

I agree with you CJ, Roeder has done well to get us out of relegation, but I don''t think we will have a serious promotion push for sometime.  And yeh we should of brought Martin Taylor, because since he has left our defence has been rubbish.  We clearly need a rock at the back, and Taylor is clearly that.  I think next season we will be another struggle.  Unfortunately.

Couldn''t agree more..there seems to be a lot of posters on these threads who seem to think that Roeder is totally blameless whatever he does ...even in relegation.

If it is true that it was Roeder''s decision not to buy Taylor in January for the sake for 200k and therefore not finally breaking up a Shackell-Doherty defensive partnership (which hasn''t been good enough in this or any of the previous four seasons) then he should take a fair share of the blame. 

This football club has had the opportunity to buy both Taylor and Davenport in the last couple of seasons and has passed up on the opportunity on both - these sort of defenders don''t become available in the championship very often and we''ve turned our nose up on the pair of them......unforgivable.