Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Political Team Selection ?

Playing Gibbs in the startimg eleven was another strange tactical choice from Roeder. Is he trying keep Wenger sweet ?

Dions influence was missing. The Turners. If they are not going to put up big money in the summer, should be told to eff. off. If they came to the club thinking it was another money making opportunity, by now they must realise they''ve backed a loser.  

I think we will stay up this year, but not by our abilities, but the failure of other teams. Thats a disgraceful state of affairs.

I don''t blame Delia and Michael Wyn Jones at all, they have put more than enough over the years.

It''s the Turners that have to step forward and save the club this time. I hope they will, but i''m not holding my breath on that.  

They need to fund the club in the summer to the tune of 15-20 million pounds. If not, we will definitely go down next season. They have the money. Time to put up, or shut up.

Before the start of this season, it was glaringly obvious to everyone that going into the season with just Doc an Shacks as central defenders was crazy, but because the Board thought we would get lucky once again, no central defender was paid for. Doc and Shacks aint good enough.The loan players have saved us this season,  but we can''t go into next season with 15 or so loan players. the money has to put up. Not £5 million or so, that won''t even paper over the cracks. Step forward Mr and Mrs Turner,or step aside. You have the money, if you truly support this club, no more piddling little "loans". We need investment.

I have supported this club since 1962, and seen some great times. Lack of investment has bought the club to it''s knees.

C''mon let''s be avin you.    

[quote user="canarygeorge"]

Playing Gibbs in the startimg eleven was another strange tactical choice from Roeder. Is he trying keep Wenger sweet ?

Dions influence was missing. The Turners. If they are not going to put up big money in the summer, should be told to eff. off. If they came to the club thinking it was another money making opportunity, by now they must realise they''ve backed a loser.  

I think we will stay up this year, but not by our abilities, but the failure of other teams. Thats a disgraceful state of affairs.

I don''t blame Delia and Michael Wyn Jones at all, they have put more than enough over the years.

It''s the Turners that have to step forward and save the club this time. I hope they will, but i''m not holding my breath on that.  

They need to fund the club in the summer to the tune of 15-20 million pounds. If not, we will definitely go down next season. They have the money. Time to put up, or shut up.

Before the start of this season, it was glaringly obvious to everyone that going into the season with just Doc an Shacks as central defenders was crazy, but because the Board thought we would get lucky once again, no central defender was paid for. Doc and Shacks aint good enough.The loan players have saved us this season,  but we can''t go into next season with 15 or so loan players. the money has to put up. Not £5 million or so, that won''t even paper over the cracks. Step forward Mr and Mrs Turner,or step aside. You have the money, if you truly support this club, no more piddling little "loans". We need investment.

I have supported this club since 1962, and seen some great times. Lack of investment has bought the club to it''s knees.

C''mon let''s be avin you.    

[/quote]

What? You dont blame DS and co? What planet are you on mate? Who got in the great saviours that are the Turners? Nothing to do with keeping the fans sweet whilst they buy themselves more time and hope for the best in the mean time? Head and sand mate.

The two big names missing were Dion and Rusty.

Before either came on we had enough chances to have won the game,  with poor finishing again the only reason we left the game empty handed.

Up front Evans and Curo provided good movement which unsettled the baggies defence,  they did not look a secure unit and we should have scored more than once.  Once Dion as introduced we becamce predictable and the baggies were able to defend far more comfortably against us;  once dion replaced jamie we did not have a real chance worthy of the name.  Dropping dion was the right thing - we did not miss him.

The chances were created by our midfield.  Yes the passing could have been better but Matty and Fozzy held their own.  Would Rusty have done better than Patty for their second goal?  I am not sure,  he runs to the 18 yard line then defends too.   There is not any difference between Matty and Rusty and again I dont think he would have made a difference.

The options instead of Gibbs were either Croft or chadwick.   Chadwick is still regaining fitness so starting was probably never an option.   Croft has simply not delivered despite all his dramatic but ultimately aimless running.

Again as the midfield could have won the game was Gibb starting such an error? 

Not finishing was our problem