Sign in to follow this  
Hump

Roeder about to self destruct again

Roeder is an average or maybe above average manager - we could have a lot worse, (and have had!). His ability to bring in loan players when others had failed was a massive plus just when it was needed. The failure not to sign Martin Taylor (yet?) may prove crucial - he looked quality and a fully fledged Canary right from his first game. We don''t know if Roeder can be blamed for not signing him though. Some of his later loans "in and out" have been less convincing - but the decision to let Lappin go was a mistake in my view - he wanted to stay and wanted to play as a passing midfielder - not as a left back where he was asked to play and ultimately judged.

Roeder''s contacts are obviously a big asset but he has now got to start the real task of managing and motivating the current squad. That is where Grant failed. A bit of team stability would not go amiss as would some team motivation - saying 15 players are likely for the chop I thought rather unwise. But given the current resources I think we are fortunate to have a Roeder in charge right now.