Sign in to follow this  
MasterNagus

You may not all like this!

First things first:

Will those responsible (yes you - quite rightly hanging your heads in shame) please lay off with the criticism of big Iwan. I agree with you all, and we all know Iwan is not really a first team option anymore, but some of the criticism he has received here recently has been nothing short of disgraceful.

What short memories some of you have.

Iwan came to this Club and played through a painful injury for the best part of a season without a word of complaint, even when the crowd were getting on his back. In the following seasons, he proved himself (again) as a quality goalscorer. This of course culminated in the goal at Cardiff, but you all seem to have forgotten that if it were not for his goals in previous seasons, we would all have been watching second division football, not getting to within a penalty shoot out of the Premiership.

I wonder if the ''supporters'' currently tearing Iwan to shreds are the same ones who booed and jeered Bryan Gunn for the last year of his first team career? Remember what happened when you all got your way on that one. Andy Marshall, anyone? No, I thought not.

Even with his dodgy legs, the diminishing pace and movement and penchant for pulling centre halves to the floor, Iwan Roberts still offers more to this Club than the likes of Clint ''Hows my hair'' Easton and Mark ''70 minutes gone I''m knackered Nige'' Rivers. So, lay off!

Now to the real meat of my post here.

I have watched the board closely for the last couple of weeks, absorbing all the arguments and counter arguments regarding the loan trio. I''ve kept quiet, until now. But with Crouch gone, and Hucks confirmed as following him very soon, I can''t keep quiet any longer.

But first, a short quiz:

Which provincial Football Club once shocked the football world by qualifying for the UEFA Cup and beating Bayern Munich, only to sell the team and get relegated within 18 months?

Which Football Club acquired the services of a young manager from Wycombe, who rebuilt a shattered team, and took them to a prominent position in the First Division, then failed to back him, resulting in his departure and collapse of the team?

Which Football Club, currently on target on target for automatic promotion from Division One, have let their best chance of Premiership football in ten years slip away in the last week?

The more astute among you may have spotted the connection. The answer is the same to all questions.

You support the team in question.

Don''t you?

Three times in ten years, Norwich City have clutched defeat from the jaws of victory, mediocrity from success, anonymity from glory. Not a very bright picture is it?

Now, I do not doubt for one moment that the safe, conservative posters here are sharpening their keyboards as they read this, ready to admonish me with their best Gordon Brown approved soundbites about ''financial prudence'' and ''not rocking the boat'' and blah, blah, blah. Some of them may even dress up their lack of ambition by quoting (incorrectly, by the way) Monty Python movies.

To them I say:

RUBBISH

I do not for one minute claim to have any privileged access to the financial situation at Carrow Road. I assume that all the party line towing doom mongers DO have such access, as they seem pretty confident in their assessments of why the Club can''t do this, that and the other. Sadly, they seem to struggle a bit on what the Club CAN do, but I digress....

Nor do I claim to have a magic wand with which to attract and retain quality players to Carrow Road. But I do know, with the loan trio gone, the current squad is good enough for mid table, at best. If that''s the way it''s going to be, that''s fine. I can live with that. What I find harder to swallow is the shallow claims of ambition and targets and wanting success, which

I agree and for 2 reasons

1- I am and always will be city till I die and I am not convinced that those in power are

2- I own a business and am confident of success. To ensure that I am able to meet the demands of my client base and future growth my partners and I are relocating from a safe inexpensive location to a property that will increase our outgoings incredibly. We are confident that we will achieve our objectives and the position of the company over the next 5 years will ensure that this ''risk'' pays off.

Norwich are there at the moment.
As a company we have found the money to invest in our future- it is not easy but to get where we want to be we have done it because we believe in it. Delia and co must do the same or accept that they will always be a 1st division team and will not get promoted.

I could gain investment for my business if wished as I know where I am going and how I will get there,but do Norwich City and if not do those people investing do so out of a sense of duty as they feel they should or because they genuinely believe in the aspirations of the board.

To succeed involves risk and you cannot get one without the other.

As you rightly state they have been here before. Now is the time to nail the colours to the mast and start to show a bit of the passion and belief that 19,000 demonstrate at Carrow Road.

Whilst you must have caution you must also put your head above the trenches once in a while and risk getting shot. Delia and co this is your time to succeed where those before lacked the strength.

NCFC

With you 100% there Master Nagus, God, I wish I cold write posts like you, But be prepared for some flack, from the more cautious ''sensible?'' brigade, who incidently, won''t read your comments correctly!