Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Watford best side at Carrow road for 2 years?

Hi all

Went to game last night, Thought we played ok, better than some of the games we have played recently and thought that the lads scrapped for the ball and tackled well. (except hartson)

What was very apparent was that Watford seemed to be at the same stage that we were in when we won the league. Very organised, skillful players, full of confidence, at times with all their players in our half for corners, not one person was near the halfway line. With their slick passing and runs they reminded me of our championship year.

I hadn''t seen a side like watford at Carrow road since the Prem.

To me they are a prem side. Sitting in the second half as we strugled to get up the pitch , I felt like pulling the ball towards their net in the barclay. We just couldn''t move forward.

At times cadwick or russell would run but run out of ideas just short of the penalty area, or browns holding up play with the ball only for cureton/chris martin to be no-where.

I sat back for a minute and just thought to myself that we were being totally outclassed in every area. Sad I know, but we need some new blood. (again)

HOWEVER ... we did not play badly, another performance like that against Blackpool or Preston, etc ... and we would have won.

It just goes to show, how far down we had gone in 2+ years.

Anyway chin up ..... no point moaning about it or we will be relegated. Roeder is all about rebuilding and aimming high.

Lets all do what we done last night and get behind the boys, ''city til I die'' a song that was chanted with passion!

Lets hope we can get some signings in and get that win we need soon.

Cheers All, up the city

We saw for ourselves on Saturday they are a very good footballing side who really should have gone last season but bottled it in the final.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

For me, west brom were the best team!

[/quote]

Yes,they were excellent against us on Saturday and are a very good footballing side who probably should have gone up last season but for losing in the Play-offs to a Derby side that are/were a bit like us.

I tend to agree

was one of the most entertaining games i have seen for a long while at carrow road

what did annoy me where some of the people nearby who expected us to roll over watford

and got angry that we lost what did they expect the team has lost once in 11 games correct me if iam wrong please