Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

A question for those who praised our summer signings

The Palace and Southampton case are the same as us. Why? Because saints forceds Rupert Lowe out and Palace fans hate Simon Jordon and want him out for his childish games with Ian Dowie.

The reason I mention Palace and Southampton is that they both came down with us and have spent more money and are very narrowly better off - if at all.

All I am trying to do here is defend the optimism people had pre-season, it was not unfounded. A fair amount of money was splashed and since we have not seen the results that that sort of money deserves.

I think people coming on here and questioning the optimism back then is wrong, because it is only hindsight (results) that have shown this team wanting. Like I have said before - I don''t believe that these are all bad players but something is obviously not happening in midfield. People have said we don''t need an attacking midfielder when we have Russell, Brellier, Spillaine that are all DM and only Rossi that is even close to a central attacking midfielder at the moment. Obviously Fotheringham would be the first choice when fit.

The reason why I hate people coming on here and saying "I said so" is that it gets us no where, so what you were right! Big deal, the issue isn''t who was right or wrong back in the summer before a ball had been kicked, but what to do about it now. As someone else has mentioned there seems to be a lot of bark and very little trousers at the club.

I don''t think Delia''s heart is in it anymore, but if the right person has yet to come forward then so be it. I don''t want this to be some millionaires buisiness money-maker. And for those that are questioning that I think you will find Delia and Michael have made little or nothing over the ten years they have been here. Question their ambition if you must but at least show respect for the effort they have put in to building this club.

I recognise that there has to be a cash injection, something a lot of other clubs have had and we have struggled to meet. At the moment I doubt most things about Norwich which is why I say I am at my lowest point. Back when we fought relegation for several years under different managers we had the odd one or two quality players. Big Iwan was consistant and reliable, Bellamy for a season or so, the only real difference I see to back then is the way in which people look at the club. They have insulted the West Hams and the Leeds of this sport for expecting to go back up and saying that it is their right, I feel some people here believe that with us.

We were struggling for money prior to the premiership, I wonder sometimes why people think that one season there suddenly makes us cash rich?