Sign in to follow this  
ManchesterCanary

Could have been Top

I think we have missed a chance to be equal top and imagine what that would have done for confidence...a belief and and a momentum builds up. We could and should have beaten Preston, Hull and Cardiff, all quite ordinary teams. Conversely I suggest we should have only got a point from a better Southampton. However, if results had gone as they should, by my reckoning we should now be equal top on 10 points. By wasting these chances both the team and supporters lose confidence...look at yeterdays second half and the subsequent posts for evidence. We cannot kill teams off when we should be doing so and are starting to look very ordinary. I sense supporters have little patience left and gates will start to dwindle if this continues. The slide into mediocrity is worrying and depressing...

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]I think we have missed a chance to be equal top and imagine what that would have done for confidence...a belief and and a momentum builds up. We could and should have beaten Preston, Hull and Cardiff, all quite ordinary teams. Conversely I suggest we should have only got a point from a better Southampton. However, if results had gone as they should, by my reckoning we should now be equal top on 10 points. By wasting these chances both the team and supporters lose confidence...look at yeterdays second half and the subsequent posts for evidence. We cannot kill teams off when we should be doing so and are starting to look very ordinary. I sense supporters have little patience left and gates will start to dwindle if this continues. The slide into mediocrity is worrying and depressing...[/quote]  You may well be right about the gates as there was only 24,000 yesterday