Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Our 1st XI

Provided we can play our 1st XI this year, i am very optimistic.

Marshall in goal will do well enough even though the initial rose tinted glasses view of him have gone now, and i c he is only human!

Otsemobor looks the real deal down the right, like a right sided championship version of ashley cole, i.e, pacing forwards to deadly effect but competently defending.

Shacks looks more and more assured at centre half and is revelling in having the captaincy and the added protection of Marshall and Brellier/Fozzy/Rusty

Doherty Clearly started better than he was last season, although doubts still remain. May be able to replicate the form of 2 years ago

Drury Defensively spot on, just distribution needs to improve, but is still one of the best left backs in the league and our most steady player

Brellier Looks like he''ll do well when the fitness is back, and even without him, Fozzy looks revitalised and like a new player for us, like a safri on good form.

Russell Will battle all game every game. Similar to etuhu, but not as good, however more consistent, I.E, instead of getting 8,6,6 ratings, will get 7,7,7.

Croft Looks a different player this year, much like he started last year, hope it lasts, but if not, the on-form chadwick can come into the team.

Hucks Will hopefully continue where he left off, but if not then Lappin has held his own so far, and provides a better defensive side to the game, especially needed when up against a tricy winger like Nathan Dyer this year, as proved this game, as drury and him thwarted dyer well, despite lacking ambition, but that''s why croft was there.

Cureton In red hot form, with 4 in 2 home games, not tap-ins either. Can be a real Key player for us this year if he gets at least 16 more goals for us!

Brown Looks 10 times better than last year, and battles hard to help Cureton and the attacking mids. If he starts to drop in form then the steadily improving Strihavka can come in.

Of the rest, Gilks is still unproven, but seems competant, as does the on loan Lewis, a revalation at league 2 level. Dublin will be solid an prove important cover and Sub material. Chadwick, Fozzy and Strihavka are spoken for above, and Martin will hopefully continue his development where his form was last year. Out of the rest, Spillane, Jarvis and Eagle have to improve on the bit part roles of previous years, and Rossi Jarvis, Smart and Cave Brown will hopefully establish themselves as noticable members of the squad, as the likes of Halliday and Muddel might try to do too.

In conclusion, i think that 2 defenders are needed to cover/ challenge for the slots of right back, pacy centreback and left back. Maybe this will all come via 1 player in O''Shea style (not that i think we''ll get him, just mean i want a versitile defender to come in his mould!) Doesn''t have to be quality, just capable like O''Shea, despite not being Man U quality, will still be priceless to them.