Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Squad For The 2007-2008 Season

I don''t post very often but each pre season come on to talk about the squad we have for the new season. Each year we are always looking to have two pros in each position plus some youngsters in support or to loan out.

So we have :

Marshall            Gilks                     Lewis              Gallagher          Arnold

Otsemebor        Hughes               Cave-Brown

Docherty           Dublin                 Halliday

Shackell            Spillane

Drury               Lappin                  Bexfield

Chadwick         Croft                    Smart

Brellier              Russell                  Jarvis

Smith               Fotheringham

Huckerby         Eagle

Strihavka         Brown                  Renton

Cureton            Martin                  Jarvis

I think we could loan out any of the players on the 3rd list. We need to get Gallagher off the wage bill asap. I would still rather have some pace up front than what we''ve got. If we see Lappin as a midfielder we could do with a left back but if we see him as a defender we need another left midfielder as Eagle isn''t good enough so needs to be loaned out to see if he will develop.

Or another player that can play left back or left mid..... we should have got Danny Granville on a free, nothing special but good solid cover. As for the centre back position, I really think we need another one... the fact that we have the same amount of goalkeepers as centre backs really says something, its a shame we didnt go in for Patrick McCarthy, he was an absolute steal at 650k.