Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

attacking options

am i the only one concerned about are lack of pace upfront a partnership of cureton and strihavka will not worry the oppositions defences much whereas with earnie up front  i could always tell the oposition feared are team and he would ussually score lets just hope that are new partnership manages to work out .

Ernie is indeed quick, but it was a quick burst, head down towards goal and largely oblivious of other players, - how oftern did Ernie pass to other strikers, who admittedly might be a yard or two behind him?Cureton may not be quite as quick, but he is no slouch, and the same could be said of Dave the S and Martin, but on the principle that two men can always beat one, if they have control and accuracy, I am not concerned on this score.More of concern is that while Cureton could well score up to 20 in the season, where will the other goals come from? Dave has scored 14 in a much shorter season, so if he finds his feet and adapts to our conditions he ought to be able to maintain that number. Martin has shown that he could maintain a high rate for a few weeks, and Hux will chip in , but it is difficult to see us scoring more than 60 in a season. Perhaps it is thinking like this which has made PG continue to look and is behind his renewed interest in Riordan. If Cureton is injured at any point, will the goals dry up, and is our season to be one like Derby''s - littered with 1-0 scores, preferably in our favour?

Yes agreed Salopian, however with the reference to the 1-0 wins, i think that may be beyond us at this current stage, due to the defence. If we sign a cover left back and a comprimising central defender, then i believe we will have a competent enough defencce for that to happen.