Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Strange old weekend

I was happy when I saw the news that we were interested in Sutton.  A Sutton Earnie partnership is what I was hoping for, for next season.

Alas, when I logged onto pinkun this morning I saw in so many words that Earnie really wants to leave and go to the Premiership.  I think there will be quite a few clubs interested in him, Perhaps, Reading, Wigan, Man City etc.

I am feeling quite down at the mo as Earnie won''t be easy to replace.  He is very effective at this level and a fit Earnie in the Championship will virtually guarantee 20+ goals every season.  His all round play has been questioned on here as has his goals per shot ratio.  But you can''t fault him for the number of goals he gets.

I don''t think he will stay, his heart seems set on the prem, and I can''t see the point in trying to get him to stay, if he doesn''t want to be here.

If he goes, and Sutton comes, with Brown and Martin, we really need someone who can score goals and has pace, but where from?  Sharp et al aren''t the answer imho.

I suppose now it is who is interested in Earnie and at what price, I reckon you''re looking in the £5m-£6m bracket, surely?

Which after fees and sell on clauses, if there are any? Might leave £4m  for transfers.  And if we offered £2m for Varney, may mean we have at least £6m for transfers, not including any additional funds.

So,

Will Earnie go?

For how Much?

How much will we have for transfers?

Who would be a realistic/worthy replacement?  In terms of goals, salary, likelihood of signing etc?

Yes looks like he wants out and after his i love playing for Norwich talk not so long back all the more disappointing , at the end of the day not much different to our last big money striker. Will City be able to replace Earnie , very doubtful as we just cannot attract the Varneys and Sharps of this world anymore . As for a price £3 million £3.5 tops.

With sell on clauses etc, surely selling Earnie at £3m-£3.5m would leave us out of pocket? I think his value is much higher at £5m minimum.

Nobody wanted him at £2.75 million thats why hes here now and i dont think his value will have nearly doubled in the short time hes been here  cannot see anybody being interested at £5 million.