Sign in to follow this  
deano

Centre Backs

I dont understand why people have been suggesting that we should sign players like Craig Short and Andy Todd to solve our defensive "problems". They are both in their 30''s and theres normally a reason players arent playing week in week out - possibly because they''re past it. In my opinion there is no problem anyway. Just a month or so ago when we had Dion and Shacks at centre half we actually looked like we could defend and unfortunately due to injuries we haven''t been able to play them together, which we might be able to do on Saturday. Doherty also has admittedly had a bad season, but he does still have some quality, remember last season when he won player of the year. also it hasnt helped that since Grant came here there hasnt been any point where we have had an alternative to Dublin up front and all three centre halves fit. Im sure that if this had happened the competition for places would have made all three perform better.

Well I can understand it...it''s because both Craig Short and Andy Todd are very hard players. They battle and they compete and you don''t get any easy ride against them. Unfortunately both Doherty and Shackell are not very strong or tough and really at this level at the moment neither of them have what it takes to make Norwich really reliable at the back.

I am totally unconvinced about our defence. I think Shackell has a good abilit but definately needs the right partner. Doherty is a shambles imo, his defending is woeful. Drury has also seemed a shadow of his former self. Dublin and Colin have stood out as two that we should stick with in defence. Dublin has been just what we have needed for quite a while, but its hard to tell how much longer he will stay in the game.

[quote user="p.g.tips"]there has been cover spillane who in my opinion is good enough also halliday when he was here[/quote]

Both of them are absolutely nowhere near this standard of football. Spillane especially is far far too lightweight.