Sign in to follow this  
mikemiddle

take over

would you rather have delia on the board and keep ploding along knowing that the club is doing everything to get out of debt and is in safe hands or would you drop all that for some foreign buissness man investor to put millions in but does not care for the club.i think its afine line between the two in a perfect world you would want both but im dreaming whats your veiw on this.

I think football is changing rapidly at the moment in terms of finances and how it relates to "the real world". At the moment the game is flushed with cash for some clubs and players and everyone wants to ride the gravy train.

As with everything in life though, every up has a down and this temporary "universal family-friendly" popularity will wane over the next few years and attendances and tv money will adjust accordingly. Whilst the big four will continue their dominance and probably rule Europe as well with the other leagues unable to keep up, the teams on the other side of the financial divide will be utterly unable to compete. Some will throw cash around to try and bridge the gap, and most of these will end up doing a Leeds and overcommitting. Others will accept their temporary position and do the best they can with the resources they have.

As there are only a few "Haves" and the Football League and the majority of the Premiership is actually made up of "Have-Nots", there is still scope for growth and improvement. Then it''s down to intelligent managers using restricted finances wisely to build successful teams. In this state of relative equality, I''m happy to go with the current board. We may not have an Abramovich, but neither do we have a Ridsdale. The teams performances are goverened by the success or failure of Peter Grant. He is given a modest budget, not the biggest in the Championship by any means, but a lot larger than some, and if he can wheel and deal and repair a battered, threadbare squad, then we''ll be one of the successful "Have-Nots", which until the finances of modern football settle down, is the best we can hope for.

[quote user="mikemiddle"]would you rather have delia on the board and keep ploding along knowing that the club is doing everything to get out of debt and is in safe hands or would you drop all that for some foreign buissness man investor to put millions in but does not care for the club.i think its afine line between the two in a perfect world you would want both but im dreaming whats your veiw on this.[/quote]

I would much rather opt for a chance on any investor willing to put down the money...

It seems that the majority of City fans are still happy with Delia, c**p football, attendances carshing and struggling in Div 1 next year though...  well they ought to be careful because it now looks likely that they are going to get exactly what they have asked for and exactly what they deserve!!!  [:@]