Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Ipswich in Manchester

Well the other exiles are pimping themselves out, so I thought I''d put a public shout-out to all the Canaries fans wanting to catch the game in Manchester on Sunday.  There are a good number of options to watch the game in the Oxford Road area (The Phoenix, The Footage, Varsity, etc) but we''re struggling to find one that will actually open it''s doors by 11.30.Any regulars who''ve lived here for a while know the place to be?And don''t get me started on my rant about why the police/Sky schedule a match so early, and bars advertise that they''re showing it, but then don''t open their doors till half an hour into it... [:@]

Leads I''ve had so far areVarsity - Oxford Street - opening still unknownSports Cafe - Location?Queen of Hearts - Fallowfield - Location?Anyone who has any other leads/knows where these are would be greatly appreciated.

I know where the Sports Cafe is but it''s a bit of a trek, Queen of Tarts is in Fallowfield and is a short bus journey, but buses are by no means regular on Sunday mornings...I''ll be in the Phoenix tonight so will ask them what time they open, and will be in the Lass O''Gowrie this afternoon so will ask them too - they don''t get too busy on Sundays so may appreciate the extra custom for half an hour... even if it''s just two of us!

UPDATE!!The Lass O''Gowrie on Charles Street will open their doors half an hour early if we can get about 10 Canaries fans in to watch the game!So let me know asap if you want to watch the game in Manchester and we''ll meet up!

Yet Another Update:Sports Cafe will open at 11:30 anyway.Also the Hogs Head opens at 10am and will show the match if nothing else is on.The Hogs Head is on Deansgate, so its a bit of a long way.Tell me (by e-mail) if you manage to get 8 others for the Lass O''Gowrie - as that is so much closer.Hint: try some ipswich message boards.

Hello, secretary of Northern Canaries here (mailing from Didsbury!). Can''t make it on Sunday, but can you both/all of you get in touch if you''re based up here; we do loads of stuff, travel to games, social events and five-a-side in full Norwich kit every Thursday!

www.northerncanaries.com

btb.east@gmail.com