Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Hucks tracking back!

The first time we saw hucks, matty and leon together on the pitch things were a bit scary at the back (rotherham) and again at burnley. the worry was that while hucks was roaming around causing mayhem in the oposition defence, we were a man short in midfield and over-exposed. But now we have kept consecutive clean sheets at home with the 4-3-3. So what has changed?
Well watching the fantastic performance against wigan it was plain to see what the difference was as soon as i saw Huckerby running half the lenght of the pitch to get BACK and get an important tackle in. Fantastic! Time was he might have thought such dirty work in midfield was beneath him. So all credit to Worthy and to him for him muckin in. It makes all the difference and gives us the best of both worlds in terms of attack and defence.

At last makes a good point - also more than a few times during the Wigan game I noticed that the reason for their 2-on-1s against Drury was because a certain jet-heeled striker was standing watching the action from 15 yards away.
Now I''m not having a go at Hucks (automatic player of the season) and I''m sure Worthy has told him that he doesn''t need to track back, indeed we kept a clean sheet on Friday and won thanks to Huckerby, but what concerns me is how the system will fair against Premiership attacks who would rip us to shreds in similar circumstances.
If it means that Hucks has to play in a more orthodox midfield role, will we lose the magic?
Or will he be paired with up front with Svensson?

his work rate has been a lot better. hes got the passion to win and do everything he can to make sure norwich get to where we belong. thats right, the premiership!
he said himself he will play where he is put and will do his best to do that job. and fair play to him. it takes a lot of hard work to run up and down the pitch for a full 90 mins.
u do see him taking a breather now and again but he hasn''t got the extra lung like holt has got!
with him playing on the left, yes we may concede a few more goals away from home but what exciting matches come out of that and generally we will score more than the other team with the trio upfront.
OTBC!!!!!

Don''t get me wrong I wasn''t taking a pop at Hucks. Defending is not his game and thats fine.

Perhaps one for another thread but can we please cheer Drury more? Not just for his defending but his attacking. We can''t expect Adam to swing in the perfect cross everytime but I don''t recall him getting past the right back once v Wigan. Is he worried about the reaction of the Barclay or Snakepit if he slices his cross?

Just wondering - take a look at the overlap and cross for Matts goal at Burnley - with 2 defenders on Hucks mostly the old Adam Drury left peg shouldnt be forgotten in a attacking sense.