Sign in to follow this  
no1 donny fan

youths v spurs

As could not get to coventry match took myself down to colney to watch the youths was hoping i would see how good our back up was if needed.Sorry to say there was none. spurs gave the youngsters a lesson in how to play football and well and truly beat them 4-0You can read report on the pink-un where to my surprise they had a m.o.m in one patrick bexfield had to laugh as he played right back and the defence leaked 4 goals

[quote user="no1 donny fan"]As could not get to coventry match took myself down to colney to watch the youths was hoping i would see how good our back up was if needed.Sorry to say there was none. spurs gave the youngsters a lesson in how to play football and well and truly beat them 4-0You can read report on the pink-un where to my surprise they had a m.o.m in one patrick bexfield had to laugh as he played right back and the defence leaked 4 goals[/quote]

Bexfield turned out for the reserves on Monday night and gave a good account of himself against bigger and stronger opposition.  So did half the  youth team.

I expect they were knackered.

ya i was also there monday night he was o.k not great but there was only 1 other lad i new from monday night and that was the goalie no fisk,eagle,martin or smart which was a shame cos there who i would have liked to see

Six of the players who started or came off the bench on Monday also started or came off the bench on Saturday.

Apologies to other posters for turning this thread into Pedants Corner, but really how low can you get, slagging off the youth team on the basis of one performance.  They are picked for their own development, not to please the fans.