Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Munby keen to sign Sutton ......

...apparently; doesn''t want to undermine Worthy though!

Munby was drinking in a pub before the derby game and has told a fellow fan this. 

Also gleaned are the below from Iwan''s ex Dentist:

I had the pleasure of having a drink with him in a pub before the game yesterday and I found his company extremely pleasent; I admire any Chairman who is willing to sit down with the fans and have a drink with them. Just goes to show that our board our friendly.

Now, various issues, as you expect were addressed by Munby and this is what I can remember:

1) Worthington has got the Green money to spend and none of it was spent on paying for Lee Croft
2) Worthington admitted to making bloopers last season in the transfer market and admitted his scouting should have been better
3) There was an agreement that money had been wasted on unessecary signings, i.e, Zesh Rehman
4) The situation regarding agent fees were discussed at length and to be honest, so much was said that I forgot most of was said. Munby''s opinions on agent fees etc was perfectly agreeable
5) The Chelsea board are inhospitable and have no time for anyone else
6) The Arsenal relationship isn''t benign; Worthington was waiting for the right player to come along and wanted Bendtner, but Bentdner choose Arsenal due to the mass Arsenal reserve contingent joining Birmingham on loan.
7) We discussed transfer targets and Munby was interested to hear the names of the players the fans decided
8) Promotion is vital this season, if we don''t go up, we have to sell

On the whole, it was a great chat and it was wonderful of him to spare time for us.