Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shrimper

Were the homophobes WO's or KTF's?

This is my attempt at the most pointless, disjointed thread ever started on this website. You see, I''m a bit of an anorak & will always look at the stats in the Sunday papers (have you seen that ''League Football'' is back on the newsagents'' shelves on a Sunday? Well worth a purchase) like ''which player has had the most shots at goal without scoring'' or, even worse, ''which player has the highest yellow cards to fouls ratio'' (invariably a goalie who''s committed one foul all season & got  a crad for it). And then it occurred to me that whenever I put a post on this site I never get a response to it - am I boring, too uncontroversial or simply lacking in footballing knowledge & so have nothing interesting to say (probably all three)? So I thought, what''s the record for the most times a post has been looked at without a response? Well it would take millions of years (well quite a long time anyway) to look at every post ever made so I restricted myself to August & found that Herb came out on top with ''OK, cards on the table'' posted at 1.03 a.m. yesterday. He did acknowledge that the Chalk Hill Brewery would have to carry much of the blame for his rambling, but 200 people have looked at that post and no-one bothered to respond. Well done Herb! And now my objective is to beat that figure. But for someone to look at my post it will have to have an interesting title. I thought of something along the lines of ''Worthless signs Izale McLeod'' but thought that that would be too cruel. But then I thought of the bit in the EDP today which refers to the two Barclay End lads who were done for homophobic chants against Brighton, and whilst I am most certainly not homophobic I did question whether their chanting was any more offensive to the assembled multitude than songs which remind Jason Jarrett that he''s a c**t. Anyway I decided that starting a thread on this subject would get me into hot water so I thought better of it. But it did seem it might be worthy of inclusion in my header, together with reference to the old favourite, ''WO v KTF'', so that''s what I''ve done. As you''ll guess I''m at work, bored and  . . . whatever. Thank you for reading my little contribution. Now all you need to do is refrain from replying. Thank you