Sign in to follow this  
Master J-Do Pur

Wolves 1 Preston 3

I am such an optimistic fool but did this scoreline make anyone else slightly more excited about our chances this season? I know this might sound slightly, as the kooks say, naive and perhaps i am reaching an optimism level that even i thought i could never make but i honestly feel we have a really good chance of promotion. Anyone else finally proud of our defence keeping Preston (especially Nugent) so quite where Wolves have so miserably failed?

p.s. Tomorrow i will find out whether drunken posts are regrettable.

it did me too. Listened on 5 live and they were singing the praises of Preston (with little mention of city annoyingly) and saying they''ll be in the mix as such a good footballing side. Sounded like Wolves would be unlikely to do well given the wholesale changes they''ve had over the summer.

make no mistake, a solid defence in out promo season obviously helped to make us champs.  in our failed prem season and last year, our defence leaked more than thames water!  prior to leeds match, i was wary of horsfield and posted that to keep him quiet would be an acheivement.   to see  the doc and shacks kept horsfield  and  nugent largely under wraps is a huge encouragement to me and if we can do the same today, then i feel we can all begin to look a little further ahead with confidence, because horsfiled and nugent are quality and our chaps would see the like of them every week they play. imagine by 10 games, a tight city defence has helped us into the top 3-4, possibly we could start to dream of promotion! early days yet though, and it will be interesting to see how the city defence squares up today against a passing team on a rain soaked pitch in blustery conditions.