Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Im sorry - a positive post (so shoot me)

"Robinson was effective, Doherty and Shackell solid and Earnshaw and McKenzie full of running and invention."

so after 3 friendlies (admittedly against poor sides) things seem to be coming together. our best starting 11 at the moment is a very good side. what other championship teams could boast international players in GK defence, midfield and up front. however where we lack is in the ''squad depth'' department and this needs to be addressed. give us 2 or 3 young energetic signings and i think we''re well on the way...

Lets hope this good form translates into the new season, Robinson has always looked distinctly average to me and if he''s finally stepped up a gear thats excellent news we desperatly need it in the midfield. But as ever I remain skeptical til I''ve seen them against a proper challege and more importantly an actual league game. Totally agree with you on the squad depth issue, even if our squad if fantastic come the new season any injuries will cause serious problems, let hope there''s new signings on the way we need them.