Sign in to follow this  
Foggo_on_the wing

Do you remember the days......

when the Barclay was the heart and soul of the support in the ground. I used to stand there, but after Saturday I am almost ashamed to admit it. Even when goaded by the away fans there was virtually no response. The highlight (lowlight??) of the afternoon was after QPR scored the first goal and the ''Worthy out'' chants started. It wouldn''t have been so bad if there had been some chants earlier, because people might have believed they really wanted him out, but oh dear, we''re a goal behind now so ''We want Worthy out'' for 30 seconds. Shame that half-time came because you needed a beer and a pie, and by the time the second half started you had forgotten what you were supposed to be chanting about.

After another period of impersonating ''The Highbury Library''  the Barclay was fired into action by another QPR goal. Cue more ''Worthy Out'' chants and now we''ll pick on one player and boo him. I never thought I''d live to see the day when a Norwich player was booed by his own fans. If he was actually not trying or deliberately sabotaging the team it might be understandable, but whether or not he is any good, he is at least doing his best and not shirking responsibility, which was more than could be said of those who booed him.

Who can remember "Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly, have you heard of the North Bank Highbury, Shanks said No, I don''t think so, but I''ve heard of the Norwich Barclay". Not if he was alive today.

Nicely put, Kenny, especially the Shankly song.  Compare that with "Delia and Nigel sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g?" Sums it all up really.