Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Fiasco at Preston

Just got home from Preston and tho a regular reader of these boards i rarely post at all, but today i have to say enough is enough, this midfield of ours is now beyond a joke, todays performance was garbage, dreadful, worthy i hope you read these boards because the midfield players you have bought are dreadful, Andy Hughes is not pub team standard, who on earth on scouting missions deemed this man to be worth 500k!!

I have just read on BBC sport that worthy thought this was one of our better away performances, well for the benefit of those who didnt go it was awful, our first shot on goal was on 70 mins ( off target), Preston had 5 or 6 regulars out injured today and even lost two players thru injury in the first half, but still outplayed us! The only players who escape my criticism are the back four. Worthy wake up this is not acceptable sort it out, Hughes please go preferably to Ipswich !!

Rant over i feel better, season over too for me, had enough!!

Tim, I couldn''t agree more. Today for me was absolutely the final straw. Being a Norwich fan, you get used to having to be satisfied with nobility in defeat, but I have NEVER come away from a game feeling so utterly ashamed of my colours. This isn''t the Norwich City I recognise. It''s barely even recognisable as football at all. If the powers that be can honestly look at today''s display (and about 15 others this season) and with hand on their collective heart say ''Yes, that''s what we''re looking for, THAT''s the future for Norwich City Football Club'', then we are in a meltdown of apocalyptic proportions. 90 solid minutes of stratosphere grazing, knuckle-dragging, cro-magnon hoofball that made your eyeballs ache to watch.

Thank you seedyrom, it really was mind bendingly awful, Reading can assemble a promotion winning side on what we paid for Hughes incredible!!

Whoever takes over as well as bringing your own backroom staff in , appoint your own scouts too!!! ideally i would love to see Bowen, Crook and David Williams forge a trio, and they certainly know how football should be played.

after earnies 70th minute shot off target, there was a loud ironic cheer clearly audible on radio norfolk.   was this from  the  (a) preston fans (b) city fans (c) city director''s box (d) all three?is anybody confident of our prospects for next season? Time to go worthy - no excuses - do the decent thing.