Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Headed own goal by Maik Taylor!!

Correction - 1:24 GOAL - Maik Taylor
Man Utd 1 - Birmingham 0

''Foul by Damien Johnson (Birmingham) on Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd). Direct free kick taken left-footed by Ryan Giggs (Man Utd) from right channel, headed own goal by Maik Taylor (Birmingham) (top-right of goal) from own half (25 yards).Man Utd 1-0 Birmingham.''

This is comedy - according to bbc sport, the Birmingham goalie has scored a headed own goal from 25 yards!! I''d like to see that one!!! I like the bit about an own goal from his own half - it would be impressive to score an own goal from the oppositions half!!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

it would be impressive to score an own goal from the oppositions half!!

[/quote]

im not joking when i say i have done this :|

Playing at school once... it was the last minute of the match and i had been stuck in defence in my rare (one of only 2) appearences...

i was hovering around the halfway line as the corner was swung in.. the keeper had gone up so i hung around half way to punt the ball back into the box incase it came clear.. there wa sa bit of a melee and eventually they did smack it clear.. i ran back a little bit to the center line and the ball was dropping.. i had one of their players right on my shoulder so i decided to try a standing overhead.. just stand there and bring my right leg up.. hit it with the top of my foot and send it back over my shoulder...

it didnt work out like that though... i miss kicked it completely and toe punted it... and watched in horror as it flew through the air bounced in my w box and trickled into the empty net....

I have scored the greatest own goal in History! lol!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I was hovering around the halfway line as the corner was swung in.. the keeper had gone up so i hung around half way to punt the ball back into the box incase it came clear.. there wa sa bit of a melee and eventually they did smack it clear.. i ran back a little bit to the center line and the ball was dropping.. i had one of their players right on my shoulder so i decided to try a standing overhead.. just stand there and bring my right leg up.. hit it with the top of my foot and send it back over my shoulder...

it didnt work out like that though... i miss kicked it completely and toe punted it... and watched in horror as it flew through the air bounced in my w box and trickled into the empty net....

I have scored the greatest own goal in History! lol!

[/quote] Wow I hope you got congratulated for that!!! I bet your team loved you!! ;-)