Sign in to follow this  
ged in the onion bag

Priorities!

So, where do we go from here….. 🎼🎼🎼🎼!

We have no one at the club that can make good judgments right now, like I’ve said a few times, they’ve lost their way in all of this.   

No one competent enough to identify, scout or bring in the right players.  

No one competent to negotiate acceptable contracts.

No one to identify and implement an acceptable football strategy at this level.

By association, no one competent enough to trust to identify and engage the next manager.

No suitable and inspirational environment in which to allow players to develop.

We have no idea what the new DOF has planned or his philosophy.   This will no doubt be made more difficult by the limited funds available.   

Of course (in many peoples eyes incl. those at the club - not mine as I’ve written many times), circumstances have changed significantly since Ben Knapper was engaged to take over and there is now clarity (finally) that these players, the scouting team, the Webbers and (the penny has now dropped with me) the owners are incompetent beyond acceptability.    

This is bad, real bad!     There seems no point whatsoever in making rash decisions right now until the club is repaired properly at the top.   Wagner is not top of the list especially as we couldn’t competently select a replacement!   …. *See below!

If that means we end up going down then so be it.   Stuff the money, we need the club back functioning with pride!   

Delia and Michael need a proper sit down to ask themselves exactly how they ‘right’ this and if they can’t answer that alone then it’s time to accelerate the process and move on otherwise this will end badly and hurt them deeply.    Surely, they can’t carry on this trajectory.

If they stay, they need to politely request Stuart Webber leave ‘now’, along with the whole recruitment team.   

Ben Knapper has some work to do!   Is he competent enough to identify the right manager as it will likely define his time here.    He’s never had to do that before has he!?    

Is he competent enough to put together the next plan, a philosophy…. Not sure he’s done that before!     Best of luck to him but we really need some top class quality in that role right now!   Someone uninfluenced by SW who knows his own mind.    I fear we haven’t got that but hope I’m very wrong.   

They need to be bold and brave, take out McLean, Gibson, Duffy, Hernandez, Giannoulis, Platcheta and Hwang, perhaps others, Idah. They are in the way of any potential talent we have!   I’d possibly try McLean further forward but there would be players ahead of him in my view.   Just cut the losses, negotiate a deal and let them go or put some in the background in case of emergencies.    We really need to let some lads with a bit of energy and spark have a go at developing while they try to correct the structure.   Dread to think what they are doing to Gibbs and Warner’s confidence, they’re being held back…. They need to be put in the middle and given responsibility.     

Can anyone really trust that they could select a Wagner replacement. Personally, I’d let him go and ask Neil Adams to take it on right now with a brief to bring on the younger lads and no pressure on results!    

This was inevitable given the complete incompetence in our recruitment!