Sign in to follow this  
HERALDO

ANDY MARSHALL DEJA VU

SUPPOSE YOU WERE A FOOTBALLER SIGNED BY A CLUB AND PAID £20,000 PER WEEK WITH 18 MONTHS OF A CONTRACT LEFT AND FELL OUT OF FAVOUR WITH THE MANAGER WHO THEN OFFERED TO LET YOU GO ON LOAN OR SELL YOU TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT ONLY PAY YOU £12000 PER WEEK. WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS:-
1. SIT TIGHT TAKE THE MONEY AND MOVE WHEN THE BOSMAN RULING APPLIES IE IN 18 MONTHS TIME.

2. GO ON LOAN SOMEWHERE TO KEEP PLAYING IN THE FIRST TEAM AND STILL GET PAID £20,000 PER WEEK.(NOT POSSIBLE AT PRESENT)

3. JOIN A TEAM WHERE YOU ARE ALMOST A LEGEND AFTER A THREE MONTHS SPELL AND WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN GODS OWN COUNTY BUT ONLY GET PAID £12000 PER WEEK.

SIMPLE CHOICE-NO 1.ANDY MARSHALL IS DOING IT AT IPSWICH ONLY THE SUMS ARE DIFFERENT.
I ASK POSTERS TO THIS THREAD WHAT WOULD YOU DO? HOW MANY WOULD SAY 3? THINK WHAT DARRENS AGENT WOULD ALSO LOOSE BY 3.
DARREN IF YOU CHOOSE 3. YOU WILL BECOME A GOD!

The balancing act is a little further along the rope now, though I welcome the recognition of who will bear the cost of the difference between the Man City contract and the possible Norwich contract.

What Huckerby''s agent is weighing up is what negoitiating position will he be in in 18 months time.

Joining us on a three year contract now will mean that in 18 months time he will have still have 18 month''s to go on our contract whereas it may well be that sitting out in the stiffs at Man City means no one is going to offer him much if anything. More so if the wage levels are continuing downward, he''s two years older and could have picked up an injury in between.

Man City want him off their books as much as we want him here.

Who blinks first.

Master Green

I hear what you say and dont disagree with you-but I did ask what would YOU do? Its difficult to be honest isn''t it?

Check out Kevin Davies at Bolton. He was up at Blackburn being paid by the truckload, but he wanted to play football in a place he was happy - so he went back to Saints for less money but a bit of happiness.

However, I would take the money. £1 million is a LOT of money to lose!

" I hear what you say and dont disagree with you-but I did ask what would YOU do? Its difficult to be honest isn''t it "

Nope, always said the money would decide - he''ll take. Just depends who ultimately pays him the most.

That''s the world we live in.

Football might be the chance for most of us to escape the daily grind but for the players it is the daily grind so lets be honest and accept he''s entitled to earn as much as he can where he can.

Master Green
Glad to know there are realists out there-pity many other supporters still live in a permanent dream world-Hey but whats wrong in dreaming sometimes. I am resolved to DH not coming and hope Crouch can be afforded. Did you see him last night; brought on as sub. had the ball played to him about five times and beat the Chelsea defender in the air everytime (unfortunately for us) as O''Leary must have been impressed.