Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Set Piece coach

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Got no idea. How many did we have after 20 games last season?

We scored 3 goals from set pieces and conceded 13 last season.

Attacking set piece coach has to be a carp job, one of the worst in football, right up there with Derek and Clive’s picking lobsters out of Jayne Mansfield’s b*m. Come up with a cracker and thanks to cameras from every angle and everyone having a mobile, including Stewart Lee having someone else’s stuck up his b*m, and the whole football community knows all about it in about 30 seconds (30 minutes if you’re on iFollow), so then you have to go in to work on Monday morning and come up with another cracker  !!!

Can remember back in the 60s a cute little step-over routine at a free kick on the edge of the box which ended with right-half Mal Lucas absolutely smashing it into the top corner at the Barclay End. At the time I assumed that we were watching that being tried for the first time, but really had no idea if it had already been used away from home half a dozen times …. and there’s a good chance the away dug-out had no idea either. After a few games of watching the same trick tried and it almost working there were ‘not again’ groans in the Barclay, which may have had as much to do with us wanting to see something new as with the idea that scouts from other clubs had picked up on it.

Not sure if I can remember where I’m going with all this, but tell you what, this Jameson’s is going down well. Happy Sunday everybody.