Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

worthy jumps on 'true supporter' bandwagon

" I find it scandolous that MadDan accuses me of being anti the board "

What might be considered scandalous is your spelling given your much trumpeted university education.

What is not scandalous is your misrepresentation of my words. That is expected. Please quote where I accused you, on this thread, of being anti board.

As to your defence of your posting up of a libellous accusation you are either being less than honest or exceedingly naive. You would have to be a fool of the highest order to believe that you could post up an accusation that made claims that the club was engaged in fraud and financial irregularities without their being some liability.

Why you felt the need to do this and what you hoped to achieve by spreading these unfounded, and subsequently proven baseless, accusations I leave to the rest of the forum to decide.

What I would point out to the forum is that my remarks about being anti club are directed towards those that have posted this type of stuff and continue to find a way of twisting any announcement to attack the club.

If that isn''t anti club then heaven forbid we should find activity that is.

[quote user="Ark"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

exactly, I find it scandolous that MadDan accuses me of being anti the board - I I would like him to find a single post where I critisize them. I want the manager out, his coaching staff and the scouts, that is all.  I may feel the board ios not very ambitious but I dont control the purse strings and I am sure they are doing their best for this club.

[/quote]

Not quite what I was getting at. I tend to agree with most of MadDan''s views on this - perhaps "anti-club" is a harsh tag for the majority of those against Worthy. However, without making comment on your particular views, my beef is with those who constantly slate and misrepresent the board, whilst making out that this view is shared by the majority of fans... In particular those who endlessly accused the board of lying over the Dean Ashton sale. (What did they lie about??? His injury? That they would only sell him for "silly money"? That they didn''t release full details of the sale? Or was it because they didn''t give media updates at every stage of the private and sensitive negotiations behind the scenes?)

I honestly couldn''t undertand the motivation of these people other than to stir up unfounded hatred of the board.

[/quote]

At the time I posted a much ignored post that they are probably telling us a white lie in order to cover up that he wants to go, so as to attain as much cash as possible:

[|-)]Honesty is not always the best policy

If Dean Ashton wants to leave it is NOT in the interests of the club to let anyone know this. It could well be that he has said this to the management and Board, but is NOT saying it in public in order for us to try and obtain as much money as we can get for him. If it became public knowledge you could slash a couple of million off his value in an instant.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/606794/ShowPost.aspx

Thats all that was ever going on at the time.  People really should have listened to Neil Adams big hint that Deano was 99% certain to leave.  I mean you don''t just say that in his situation if you know nothing....

I wonder what you would have said if Worthwhile said "The fans have been b****y awful", no I don''t wonder, I know...you''d give him stick. I''m afraid you''re stuck with the manager and board trying to talk upbeat even when things are going thru a (temporary) downturn. I''m old enough to remember some cigar smoking guy (no, not Malcolm Allison), come up with the incomparable "darkest hour.... we shall fight them on the beaches......", hey, just as well the ''fans'' didn''t call for his resignation. 

[quote user="Tolerant Tom"]I wonder what you would have said if Worthwhile said "The fans have been b****y awful", no I don''t wonder, I know...you''d give him stick. I''m afraid you''re stuck with the manager and board trying to talk upbeat even when things are going thru a (temporary) downturn. I''m old enough to remember some cigar smoking guy (no, not Malcolm Allison), come up with the incomparable "darkest hour.... we shall fight them on the beaches......", hey, just as well the ''fans'' didn''t call for his resignation. [/quote]

I would have said that the management team has been a disgrace to our club this season....  Wasting cash, having no tactical ability and left us a team that cant even challenge for the play-offs.  Totally INEPT. And a boring fool as well. And if its a temporary down turn why can i only remember 2 positive months in the last 2 seasons..  December and around April...... 20 wins in 75 games or whatever it is...

FAILURE, TOTAL FAILURE

[quote user="MadDan"]Unfortunately the lies and misrepresentation have come from one source and one source only.

The wedge is being driven by those who wish it that way.

If there is a majority opinion amongst the fans it is the acceptance that Worthington is going nowhere during this season.

I would suggest that the view held by most now is that if it is the case then lets get behind the club, the team and the manager till May. We can decide then.

However my response has not been based on what''s been going on at Carrow Road but what''s been going on on this board. Much of it from the anti club brigade has been a bloody disgrace.

They''ve made their point. If they feel that Worthington is not up to it fine. If they feel that he has not been the man for a while fine.

But lets have an end to abusing those who don''t feel that way. Lets have an end the endless posts claiming maladministration and certainly lets have an end to the gutless posters who use multiply names to post anonymous attacks upon the club and genuine City fans.[/quote]sorry maddan, have to disagree with your asertion that the majority of fans accept worthy is going nowhere during this season.  the wall of silence at brighton suggests the majortiy of fans gave their verdict on worthy that night by cold shouldering.  if they accept he is going nowhere, then it doesn''t appear willingly. i also prefer debate to heated argument, but in the current atmosphere, we all have to accept posters will come on here to let off steam and some will  not be nice about it.