Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

Squad Rotation

No doubt Norwich this season have suffered because of a very heavy fixture list. Games are often followed by another game in a matter of days and there''s no doubt in my mind that the squad''s level of fitness has suffered because of it.

So why hasn''t Nigel - who he himself has admitted the fixture list being quite heavy going - recognised this and thought about using a squad rotation system for the more tiring positions?

I appreciate players (ie Doc and Dav) have worked well together and don''t deserve changing, but players like Huckerby and Hughes on the right wing switch with Brennan and McVeigh occasionally. This keeps our opponents guessing, keeps our players fit, keeps our players happy and keeps them lean and keen.

I think you might also be aluding to players feeling under pressure for their place Andrew.

There has been a distinct lack of this at Costa Del Norwich which in my book has led to a lack of respect to the manager, directors and supporters.

Funny how players play on with knocks in a sucessful team because they don''t want to lose their place.

This lack of competition has possibly been Worthys achilles heel in disciplining  his squads poor attitude which is why I applauded Jarretts exit for Robinson.

Again, I would like to see Worthy given the benefit of an advisor in the short term, perhaps not to tell him how to do his job but to observe and to report to him as to who is trying to pull the wool over his eyes.

The last thing to see the sea is the fish.