Sign in to follow this  
morty

Team news / match thread

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]Cheers Morty.

Winning ugly is such an important part of the game and can be a real confidence boost, as is the clean sheet.

Great to see both new boys being given a run out - normally at City it takes months before we see them. Confident that Dijks will be a canny move. As long as Wildschutt keeps things simple and finds an end product he will be fine too.

Although he didn''t have much to do, Ruddy commanded his area well today and came out a few times to take dangerous crosses. Rusty was solid, without being spectacular and was more vocal than I have often seen him as captain.

Jacob Murphy was full of running, but like the other wing, there was no end product. Sadly, the game bypassed the central midfielders for all but a few passages of play. When we kept the ball on the ground we looked good, but spent far too much time lumping it up to Cam Jam, who i thought seemed oddly quiet. His hold up play was no where near what we often see.

We''ll done to the lads for grinding this one out and let''s really build on this encouraging run.

Oh, and a final thing. Cardiff is a great city for shopping according to my boss and 12 year old daughter.[/quote]Sounds like we beat Cardiff at their own, direct game.That was also the first goals they have conceded there in 5 hours of football.

morty wrote the following post at 04/02/2017 6:09 PM:

That was also the first goals they have conceded there in 5 hours of football.

Did I miss something, thought it was 1-0!!! 😄😄😄