Sign in to follow this  
paddycanary

Monday week

Lots to ponder before the Play-Off final. That 0-1 home defeat is so recent that it has to have some bearing on both managers'' preparation. The 0-4 thrashing was the only real tonking all season but I don''t think it has too much relevance to the here and now. I don''t think we should have any fear of Boro. They''re a solid and well organised side and are definitely hard to score against and hard to beat. But Tettey''s dodgy own goal coupled with some seriously cynical and negative play was all they had and should indicate Boro''s respect for Norwich''s abilities. It''s a tough one to call, Boro seem to have the better defence but I believe the winning of this game lies in midfield where Norwich have the edge. I think they''ll be broken down this time, Norwich management will have learnt more from the home defeat.

Back five remains the same. I think Alex Neil will go for Tettey screening with Redmond, Howson, Dorrans and Johnson across the middle. Although Jerome worked his socks off over the two legs, I think Neil will give Grabban the nod. They both miss chances, neither are clinical but Grabban will give the Boro backline a bit more to think about for 65/70 mins. Keep Wes in reserve until 70mins for Dorrans, most likely we''ll see Jerome/Hooper on at some stage and then there''s O''Neil/Josh Murphy/E Bennett depending on how the game develops. Need to have R Bennett fit and ready if required.

This game could very easily go to extra time. Bit of a worry with R Martin''s form coming into the match and I''d imagine he''ll be targeted. Encouraging to see Bassong show leadership yesterday, it''ll be needed. Olsson and Whittaker need to be on their game. Much to look forward to over the next week!

My prediction? 1-1 after normal time and Bradley Johnson to score the winner around the 110min mark! "Canaries fly back up at the first attempt!"