Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

Caulker + Arias

Cracking defender - If Cardiff get relegated, we should snap him up for a pairing with our center backs - Our right back looks to be a weak spot so I would assume we will look in the summer - Arias a very good prospect with some good experience in the Dutch league.

Caulker is a great shout, my only concern with him is cost, as I think Cardiff picked him up for £8m in the summer and wouldn''t want to make a loss on someone who has performed well this year. Don''t know anything about Arias, but the consensus on this forum at the moment seems to be that we need a new right back. For what its worth I''d like to see someone who could mirror Olsson in terms of attacking threat. That would be particularly advantageous if we look to utilise the diamond formation we played against Sunderland in the future.

We didn''t play the diamond against Sunderland?

Snodgrass was playing out wide. Immediately tells you we weren''t playing the diamond. And Tettey and Howson were playing alongside each other, no one behind then. It was just Hoolahan drifted inside more than he drifted out wide, but then Elmander or Wolfie would often go out wide instead to at the very least chase the ball.

And Martin is perfectly adequate at right back. Could be improved on, but it''s not the most pressing need at the moment and we want to get quality players in the positions that require more attention which probably won''t leave a lot for a RB. Maybe Byram from Leeds just to continue the trend, but haven''t heard much about him this season maybe he''s not as good as first thiught a year or two ago.

I think we do need a new right back, if only to have two players that you can choose from, or cover in case of suspension or injury. Imo Whittaker has been sub-par, so we need someone to replace him.

Maybe Elliott Bennett is that player, and if so that''s some money we can put elsewhere on the pitch.