Sign in to follow this  
 cornwall canary

deja vu

I was looking through some old city programmes and came across an away game at WBA in Dec 1977.

In the write up on Norwich it  began with the following paragraph:

At the beginning of August, Norwich City had already been written off as a good bet for relegation by bookmakers and crystal ball gazers alike: come December, with almost half of the season gone, the Canaries are perched prettily in 8th place and manager John Bond can afford a wry smile. Their 20 pts haul include home victories over Arsenal, Newcastle, Wolves, Leicester,Bristol City and Birmingham, whilst away two points at West Ham and creditable draws at Leeds , Derby and Forest.

Our record before the WBA game was P17  W7  D6  L4  F19  A21  Pts 20   ( 2Pts for a win in those days )

The WBA game finished 0-0

For those interested the team that day was: Keelan, Bond, Sullivan, Ryan, Jones, Powell, Neighbour, Reeves, Gibbons, Paddon and Peters.

The end of that season saw us finish in 13th place I would definately accept that this season.

Bye the way WBA were in 3rd place at the time and Forest went on to win the league.

Fantastic Deja Vu !! Good Post.To be fair,I would settle for 0-0 today, but I can''t help thinking we might get a sneaky goal or two. Our recent form at the hawthorns has been good.