Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Nice Guys Don't win

I think that something that''s highlighted by all of this ongoing PL and GH business at the moment is the usual fact of life that ''nice guys don''t win anything''.

It doesn''t matter what area of life / business that you look at, seldom do the good guys come out on top - it''s the law of the jungle.

As much as we all feel really pee''d off at the moment with the things that are going on at our beloved club, should we really be surprised?

The likes of Lambert and perhaps Holt, don''t get to be the people that they are in life through being nice and I would doubt if either are feeling any particular guilt about anyhting that has happened in the last week or so.

There are nice guys in life and in football - Adam Drury being a classic example - but will they ever be as successful as the likes of Lambert and Holt - I doubt it.

So my point around all this is - we''ve had the success that we''ve had from Lambert and Holt but we shouldn''t ever have fooled ourselves into thinking that it would all go on forever and that it would all end in smiles.

Lambert and Holt don''t appear to fall into the ''Nice Guys of Life'' category and if they did they wouldn''t be what they are and we wouldn''t have lauded them like we have over the past 3 years.

Finally, the good thing about all of this for us is - David McNally doesn''t appear to be one of the ''Nice Guys'' either!